Technical Engine pump no power, Rev counter not working and EFI light on

Currently reading:
Technical Engine pump no power, Rev counter not working and EFI light on

Jetrang

Hi,

I had my clutch replaced of my Punto 1.1 SX '98, I drove a few hundred KM and all of a sudden the car stopped while driving.

Did a little diagnose -> fuel pump getting no power. I then powered the fuel pump with 12V from another cable and the car runs perfect.

The annoying thing is the rev counter does not work anymore and the red EFI warning light is on. The car is up for sale in a little while and I want to get this fixed.

What I did so far :
- swapped the Crankshaft sensor (same story)
- checked all the fuses. in the Haynes wiring diagram there should be a 5 amp fuse somewhere but I cant seem to find it.
- Replaced the white relay (no4.)

Anyone had the same kind of problem ??

Jetrang

Hi,

I had my clutch replaced of my Punto 1.1 SX '98, I drove a few hundred KM and all of a sudden the car stopped while driving.

Did a little diagnose -> fuel pump getting no power. I then powered the fuel pump with 12V from another cable and the car runs perfect.

The annoying thing is the rev counter does not work anymore and the red EFI warning light is on. The car is up for sale in a little while and I want to get this fixed.

What I did so far :
- swapped the Crankshaft sensor (same story)
- checked all the fuses. in the Haynes wiring diagram there should be a 5 amp fuse somewhere but I cant seem to find it.
- Replaced the white relay (no4.)

Anyone had the same kind of problem ??

Jetrang

hi, and welcome,
you may have lost an earth/ ground connection..,
Charlie

Back