Technical electronic parts

Currently reading:
Technical electronic parts

In the pic, what are parts A, B and C to help me know whats what.

[I think A is the MAP sensor? - has a tube going to inlet manifold]

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 17
Also, in this pic, just slightly to the front of the ECU, what is the 'spare' connector for?

Theres another on the other side, same shape but slightly different colour [green band]

A is MAP Sensor
B is relays and fuses
C is fuel pump and main power relays

Spare connector is ECU diagnostics port.
Spare connector on opposite side is electrical light adjustment system connector (theres one on the NS too)

Cinqs had the option of hydraulic adjustable lights which had a dashboard switch to adjust and were controlled by actuators. (strangely enough using Anti-freeze as the fluid!). Not sure if this followed suit in the Seis...

(y)

A is actually the bracket for the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor is underneath. Maybe I'm being picky.

The MAP sensor is simply a sensor that measures the inlet manifold vacuum. There are 3 connections to it.

1. Ground
2. 5V from the ECU
3. signal back to the ECU. It should be at 4.5 V when there is no vacuum and it should go down towards 0 when there is a vacuum. You can suck on the tube and get the voltage to fall.

I had one fail and the voltage stopped changing.

It shouldn't hang free, it should be retained under the battery bracket. If you have a non standard battery it might not fit but use a couple of tiewraps to hold it somewhere, its quite heavy and will put a strain on the cable.

Cheers

D

That would be another Haynes mistake then. Much like the wiring diagram.

Cheers

D
Ah well, having not looked at a haynes wiring diagram (EVER) i couldn't comment on it's accuracy.... i prefer the touch and electrocute method! ;)

TBH, my Cinq doesn't have adjustable lights, so I can only go by what I read, which i did think was a bit odd, but hey-ho, these guys are supposed to have stripped and rebuilt one!

I wonder how many bolts were left over when they finished? :chin:

Cheers

(y)

Back