General Eeeek a Leak ( i think)

Currently reading:
General Eeeek a Leak ( i think)

Dobby

Barney, Dennis & Larry
i got the cinq back last night. Needs a new clutch and brakes but all in all quite pleased.

This morning i went out to have a good look round and make sure everything worked, i started the car (no problems) and gave it a good few revs then checked things like the rear wiper/washer and other bits and bobs.

Shut the car off, locked it up and came inside, went out an hour later to see a big mark on the drive just under the bonnet slightly the left, feeling quite peeved i went out and came back only to find this mark on the drive has got smaller so i'm assuming its not oil, does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could it be water from somewhere?:bang:

i got the cinq back last night. Needs a new clutch and brakes but all in all quite pleased.

This morning i went out to have a good look round and make sure everything worked, i started the car (no problems) and gave it a good few revs then checked things like the rear wiper/washer and other bits and bobs.

Shut the car off, locked it up and came inside, went out an hour later to see a big mark on the drive just under the bonnet slightly the left, feeling quite peeved i went out and came back only to find this mark on the drive has got smaller so i'm assuming its not oil, does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could it be water from somewhere?:bang:

you looked under the engine to see if you can see where its dripping from?

Yeah i've found where its dripping from but i haven't a clue what it is. Just taken some pics so waiting for them to upload, will post them in a couple of mins (y)

Right, this is where its leaking from, its a thin pipe that sits against the lip of the front of the bonnet

KIF_0405.JPG

Also noticed this, this is just loose and as you can see quite worn

KIF_0406.JPG

Any ideas????

The round thing is a one way valve. Get someone to activate the rear washer jet while you're looking at it and if it starts to leak most likely it's starting to go or the hose is lose around the joint. From experience the Vauxhall/Opal one way valve has a slightly larger barb OD and are only 3.50£ so try that.

The round thing is a one way valve. Get someone to activate the rear washer jet while you're looking at it and if it starts to leak most likely it's starting to go or the hose is lose around the joint. From experience the Vauxhall/Opal one way valve has a slightly larger barb OD and are only 3.50£ so try that.

I just fibreglassed the hole on mine with some we had lying around, worked a treat.

Back