Technical ECU errors started with Diesel pressure sensor

Currently reading:
Technical ECU errors started with Diesel pressure sensor

Puppy

Hi
I've got a 2003 1.9 jtd 115 version and it's broken:mad:. It sometimes runs at a fast idle speed when started, but at that point, the revs don't go up when the throttle pedal is pressed. If she starts and does take the throttle, she won't go anywhere near 60mph, like it's in a "Limp" mode. And all the time the engine light is on and the screen displays "Engine Fault".

I have a diagnostic program and the ECU recorded;

P0190 Diesel Pressure sensor.

Which I removed, cleaned and put back in, having got the reference from within the forum, then I cleared the errors and now the ECU has recorded;

P0609 Sensor Power Supply 2
P0190 Diesel Pressure Sensor
P0220 Accelerator Pedal sensor 2
P0235 Supercharging Pressure

It also mentioned the overboost and the boost pressure circuit, both of which seem to have fixed themslves??

I'm kind of thinking WTF has gone wrong, could all errors be connected to the same initial problem.:confused::cry::bang::cry::cry: Besides taking the diesel pressure sensor out, cleaning it and popping it back in, nothing else has changed, so now I have no clue why there are suddenly these other issues or where to start problem solving?:eek:

I'd like to keep my hair but at this rate, i'll have pulled it all out. please can some one help me and save my hair and the Stilo from the jaws of the scrapman's crusher?!?!

All of these sensors are +5V sensors - the +5V line is faulty - check ECU wiring diagram to find out where is it. I hope it is only wiring, because probably this +5V line is supplied by ECU...

Hi Guys, thanks for your input. The issues did all raise their hands at the same time, they all appeared after cleaning and popping back in the Diesel pressure sensor. I've since replaced this sensor and with a bit of carb cleaner and lots or kitchen paper later, cleaning up all the plugs and terminals etc, I have managed to clear the ECU of all faults except one(y):slayer::D This time, the error "P0235 Supercharging Pressure", is registered on the ECU, but now says that the ECU has received an "Invalid Signal", whereas before it said "No Signal":confused: So cleaning and fanny-ing about with the plugs/connections, seems to have helped, just not fixed things completely. My next thought was maybe the Overboost valve? It has buzzed away for 10-20 seconds after the engine was turned off, on very few occasions, and once it screamed at me, I'd to pull its plug to shut it up. It also flashed up on the ECU as an issue, but seemed to fix itself. I think we can rule out any general power issues in the circuit as a whole, maybe a more localised, independant power issue might, perhaps around the Supercharging pressure sensor itself or the Overboost? I've checked all the earth points I can see and know about and the battery was new in November last year, so the terminals and fuses all got buffed up then. I have re-done them all again this time, when I was out with the carb cleaner everything got a good clean and reseal. What's your thoughts on this? Would I be going off on a tangent thinking about the Overboost, or maybe the EGR, although still in situ,it has been unplugged for years, could it have anything to do with the Supercharging prob?

Cheers, (y)

Back