Ebay Alarm - Yes/No?

Currently reading:
Ebay Alarm - Yes/No?

PeteyPye

Hi all,

About time I should buy my car an alarm, so I've been looking around eBay for one. Came across a £40 alarm, seems like it could just be a 'you pay for what you get', however, has anybody had any experiences with this alarm, what does it handle like? Worth buying? Also - how hard are alarms to install on an MK1 Punto? :)

Thanks
eBay eBay eBay eBay

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
To be honest i know its cheap but doesnt look too bad.
The only thing i would be careful of is having to disconnect the immobiliser if you want remote engine start.

Now if i could find one to fit renault......

1 problem with remote starters they r illegal in this contrey (carnt spell) so if u have an accedent ur insurance iz void

I don't think I'd be too bothered about remote start. Just don't know whether it would be a good investment, I need an alarm, this is cheap, but will it be worth it and actually work, also, how hard is installation?! Thanks for replies so far. :)

I personally wouldnt mate, but then again its your choice.
in all my cars i have had an alarm fitted by a VSIB installer and gone for a well known make which carries a warranty just incase it burns out your wiring loom or something

Alright lads & lasses, my first post here waaahooo!!(ok now thats out of my system), I just wanna say in defence of the alarms on ebay(And no!im not the seller) that ive been fitting them for about a year now and havent had a single problem with them. if your gonna go for an alarm then by all means these are fairly decent alarms. my only problem being that they usually dont have ultrasonic sensors with them and the fitting instructions are translated from what ever language so some sentences dont really match up and your left thinking "what the F*ck"???....but the wiring diagrams are fine.
If you have any problems it will usually be with the C-Locking setup as this isnt explained very well. there about 5 options for different types of locking systems (numatic,electric, +trigger, -trigger etc). most cars use the second option in the booklet(theres a diagram) so that should save you a few fuses,lol. If ya need any help give me a shout!

Back