Technical Dynamo rebuilders in USA

Currently reading:
Technical Dynamo rebuilders in USA

Is anyone aware of a place I can send my dynamo off to be rebuilt? There’s places that sell refurbished ones (Mr Fiat) but I have 2 non-working models and it seems silly to buy another expensive one and send in one of the non-working ones for core replacement.

Have you had a look inside your dynamos to check brushes and any bad connections?

@Toshi 975
Yes, I’ve purchased new brushes and bearings but I don’t want to go through all the effort to rebuild and put the engine back in the car to have it potentially not work because of a broken wire somewhere inside the the windings or a bad commutator.

@Toshi 975
Yes, I’ve purchased new brushes and bearings but I don’t want to go through all the effort to rebuild and put the engine back in the car to have it potentially not work because of a broken wire somewhere inside the the windings or a bad commutator.

@Toshi 975
Evening Ryan; There are quite a lot of auto-electrical shops in the Annapolis area. 3 I found on a quick look are:--Chesapeake Import (+1-410-267-8411----Redds Automotive (+1-419-268-7789)----Midnight Auto Repair (+1-410-263-6031). To be honest, ANY competant auto-electrician should be able to rebuild you dynamo with the parts that you are supplying. Maybe an older established w/shop might have more senior (age-wise) technicians who remember working on dynamos. Any of these shops, if they can't do the work themselves, should be able to point you in the right direction regarding somebody who CAN do the job.

Reactions: ben
Back