General Dying car :(

Currently reading:
General Dying car :(

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
1.1L 1997 Mk1 punto 55 s (Petrol)

Mpg of the car has been up and down all over the place the past few (3) months, brakes have recently started squealing, engine is chuging like an old VW, engine also has a faint pinging noise (Timing belt is ~4,000 miles overdue though)

Under side is rusting - i recently treated this and found it's gone blacker than the paint! Damage is building up all over the car as people seem to have a habbit of driving into it (As if they cant see it - Its a green car parked on a gray road!)

i've posted in:
Miscellaneous - Bodyshop - "Minor damage - filler or bodyshop?"
with pics of main damage that im looking to repair, hopefully "DIY" job as funds are rather low. (Please take a look)

lights on dash are dying - open door warning light no longer works (Mind you the passenger side door -3dr car - doesnt close properly so it more than likly that this light has been on so long its just burnt out!)

I Plan to work on the car july - october to get it back to 'perfect' condiction

does anyone have any tips for talking any of these issues?

The door, i have no idea as it dosn't look possible to allign it, so ive move the lock so that it can be locked, however the door sticks out by about 1cm - its not getting stuck on anything and the lock is as far into the centre of the car as it will go.

Best advice I can give is 'Big Crusher!'
Send it to the scrap heap in the sky!

The doors hinges have most like sagged.
Sounds like some dirty corroded earths causing lights to dim.
Give it a good service and slightly thicker oil than what is meant for the engine, only 1 grade thicker. See how the MPG and noise improves then

Back