Technical Ducatto engine light issue

Currently reading:
Technical Ducatto engine light issue

frankieBee

Hi. I'm new to this forum but read a lot as a guest about the DPFilter problems.
I have a fiat ducatto camping car, registered April 2022 with only 3200 Kms. Drove 449kms on Friday, mainly motorways in about 5to 6 hours. All okay.
Following morning "Check Engine" and orange engine light on.
Drove to nearby mechanic (just north of the Spanish border) who plugged in diagnostic thingie (99euros!,) and gave estimate of 800 euros to fix.it. Contacted supplier and they told me without a fiat approved garage I wouldn't get that refunded and it might void the warranty!!
Having to wait till tomorrow when I'm driving 20 miles to the fiat approved garage ( now in Spain) to see what they'll do. Under warranty but not for much longer!

Hi. I'm new to this forum but read a lot as a guest about the DPFilter problems.
I have a fiat ducatto camping car, registered April 2022 with only 3200 Kms. Drove 449kms on Friday, mainly motorways in about 5to 6 hours. All okay.
Drove to nearby mechanic (just north of the Spanish border) who plugged in diagnostic thingie (99euros!,) and gave estimate of 800 euros to fix.it. Contacted supplier and they told me without a fiat approved garage I wouldn't get that refunded and it might void the warranty!!
Having to wait till tomorrow when I'm driving 20 miles to the fiat approved garage ( now in Spain) to see what they'll do. Under warranty but not for much longer!
We have a Ducato 2.3 motorhome.Engine light came on at 15000 miles in France with three weeks of warranty left. French Fiat workshop said fault Air Con fan but safe to continue so we did.1000miles later back in UK local Fiat workshop says DPF filter 40%blocked and new DPF required(engine removal req'd,3days work).Now out of warranty. Strongly recommend getting your vehicle fixed under warranty even if it messes up your holiday.Big mistake on our part that we did not.

We have a Ducato 2.3 motorhome.Engine light came on at 15000 miles in France with three weeks of warranty left. French Fiat workshop said fault Air Con fan but safe to continue so we did.1000miles later back in UK local Fiat workshop says DPF filter 40%blocked and new DPF required(engine removal req'd,3days work).Now out of warranty. Strongly recommend getting your vehicle fixed under warranty even if it messes up your holiday.Big mistake on our part that we did not.
Good morning gentlemen-----very sorry about your problems, but you are not on a "Ducato" Forum----you are on the "Classic Fiat 500 Forum"----we could probably get one of our cars in the back of your vehicles! Hope that you get your problems sorted.

Good morning gentlemen-----very sorry about your problems, but you are not on a "Ducato" Forum----you are on the "Classic Fiat 500 Forum"----we could probably get one of our cars in the back of your vehicles! Hope that you get your problems sorted.
Sorry and thanks.

This bloke seems to make a living out of cleaning DPF's without removing them.
https://youtube.com/@ORileysAutos
Not much help if you're not in UK.

Back