Technical Ducato 1998 instrument cluster removal

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 1998 instrument cluster removal

Hi
Advice on removal of 1998 instrument cluster please.
I have removed two allen screws but cluster only comes forward inch or two. I assume it is the speedo cable preventing removal. Advice on removing this appreciated. Also any pitfalls?

Thanks

All the vans are built in one SEVEL plant. And a pug: citroen or fiat engine dropped in. The interiors are basically identical.

I had a 1994 ducato..

Back then PSA vans were badged TALBOT.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I am asking for advice on removal. Can i please kindly ask that responses are on subject, if not then please dont reply. Regards Nick

Thanks Charlie, I am asking for advice on removal. Can i please kindly ask that responses are on subject, if not then please dont reply. Regards Nick

What you were (very helpfully) being told but chose to ignore is that your Fiat Ducato as far as the operation you are asking about, is identical to a Talbot Express or Citroen C25, all built in the same factory with different badges.

Searching for the answer to your question with that information to hand reveals the answer in seconds:

https://talbotoc.com/changing-dash-bulb-clocks-t3041.html

https://web.archive.org/web/2011112...rhome/repair_procedures.htm#Dashboard_Removal

Last edited:
Thanks for the links Charlie
Ill have a look ta.
(i m sorry bout that but i just spent ages looking through forums full of not very helpful replies to the point that the forums are of almost no practical use. I hope you understand and forgive me)
All the best

What you were (very helpfully) being told but chose to ignore is that your Fiat Ducato as far as the operation you are asking about, is identical to a Talbot Express or Citroen C25, all built in the same factory with different badges.

Actually you are wrong. The OP's van is a 98 which is a 2nd generation, the Talbot Express or Citroen C25 are pre 94 first generation and a different van with a different dash.

I had a 95 ducato and took the clocks out, you take out the two allen screws then you can pull the clocks out a bit and if like me you have small hands you can get one around the back and unscrew the speedo cable.

Actually you are wrong.

I had a 95 ducato and took the clocks out, you take out the two allen screws then you can pull the clocks out a bit and if like me you have small hands you can get one around the back and unscrew the speedo cable.

Great info thanks.
For reference.. you have to use a bit of caution with campers.
By the time they have been converted Then displayed..
2 years can pass between
Build and registration

Actually you are wrong. The OP's van is a 98 which is a 2nd generation, the Talbot Express or Citroen C25 are pre 94 first generation and a different van with a different dash.

Yes, sorry. I read Varsecrazy's comment about Talbot and failed to notice the date that the OP had quoted. Took me back a few years!

Hi
Advice on removal of 1998 instrument cluster please.
I have removed two allen screws but cluster only comes forward inch or two. I assume it is the speedo cable preventing removal. Advice on removing this appreciated. Also any pitfalls?

Thanks

hi nick/.. if you open your bonnet you can see the speedo cable going through builk head you may have to undo any plastic tie clips restricting cable movement after that assuming you have removed the two small allen screws holding the cluster in place// then push the speedo cable further through the bulkhead this will create enough space for to allow you to get your fingers in to undo the cable which is a push/ twist. when reassembling push cable into place then twist then push cluster into place and replace allen screws DO NOT pull on cable from bonnet side or you will pull cable out of housing then replace tie clips/ job done.

Yes, Unclipping the speedo cable (under the bonnet as you say) gives plenty of free play that allows it to be removed and refitted.
Thanks all for help everyone!

So in summary here's how remove instrument cluster on 1998 2nd Generation Ducato:
Under bonnet unclip speedo cable to give slack (dont pull on cable).
Remove two Allen screws in the front of the instrument cluster
Pull unit forward
I my case i had to pull outer plastic sleeve back to release the cable, but it may possibly be a push/twist, or even unscrew
Unplug elec connectors as needed.
Replace in reverse

Last edited:
HI Nick,

Did you get any where getting the Dash out,

I have a 2000 Model Peugeot Boxer which i need to replace the Passenger Radio Speaker and also locate and replace the Heater Resistor (Only works on Setting 4) I believe they are the same chassis, so hopeful you can help me understand the removal process for these areas

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Back