Technical Driver's door adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Driver's door adjustment

chofy23

Hi everyone,

A quick question regarding the driver's door on a Punto mk2b. Recently purchased one second hand, decent condition all-around, regularly serviced, however the driver's door has a bit of a "sag" once opened. When closing, I have to smash it so it "returns to it's position.

Any tips on how to solve this? Could it just be an adjustment issue? If so, would someone be so kind and explain the procedure?

Any help is appreciated :)

Hi everyone,

A quick question regarding the driver's door on a Punto mk2b. Recently purchased one second hand, decent condition all-around, regularly serviced, however the driver's door has a bit of a "sag" once opened. When closing, I have to smash it so it "returns to it's position.

Any tips on how to solve this? Could it just be an adjustment issue? If so, would someone be so kind and explain the procedure?

Any help is appreciated :)

There is not a simple way of altering the way the front doors hang.

I tested the following idea on my car. Lift the door with the door handle as you close it and push firmly with the other hand. Then press with both hands to get the lock to click

is not a simple way of altering the way the front doors hang.

I tested the following idea on my car. Lift the door with the door handle

That's what i am doing now, in order to have it closed properly. Although the doors close fine even without me "pushing" them up slightly upon closing. I was wondering is that issue resolvable by some sort of adjustment method via screws or hinges, or should i just take the car to the garage and have them fix it :)

Back