Technical Dodgy Gauges

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgy Gauges

graytipoman

HELP! my fuel gauge is a bit wooly, the warning light comes on at half a tank according to the gauge, any ideas what coukld be causing this? me temp gauge aint workin either could it be the thermostat or dodgy gauge? its a 1.9td sx :bang:

You have to change the fuel gauge sender at the fuel tank... i had the same problem and solved it by replacing it....

You have to change the fuel gauge sender at the fuel tank... i had the same problem and solved it by replacing it....

cheers boss (y) , i'll get that sorted cuz its doin me head in. any idea about why me temp gauge aint workin

cheers boss (y) , i'll get that sorted cuz its doin me head in. any idea about why me temp gauge aint workin

Temp gauge proberly not working due to a broken wire, wire off the sender unit, or sender unit[sensor] faulty.

Andy.:)

My temp gauge didn't work for a while. I had a look at all the wire connections and couldn't find any problems visually. Just moving the wires about seems to have cured it though!

Perhaps get your car well warm and then get someone to sit in the car while you move the wires about and see if the gauge moves? Other than that it'll be some tedious work with a multimeter for a proper fix.

Back