Technical Doblo Tyres

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo Tyres

charaton

What are the largest tyres I can fit to my new! 2003 Doblo MPV.

Previous owner was given 175/65 R14.
On braking on our muddy winter roads it seems to easily lockup (non-abs).
I am very gentle and even on a slight slope it is locking on the greasy roads.

I have not had this before. I would like to fit 175/80 R14, I know the implications of this to the speedometer etc.

On the same issue how possible/easy is it to retrofit abs from another Doblo.

Is there a six speed box from Fiat that would fir a 1.9 D

The fitted wheels were new and unused for 4 months when I got the car.
They are ROUTEWAY ECOBLUE R26 175/65 R 14. M + S, which are undersized of course.

The listed size is 175/70 or 75 R 14.

I believe this wheel and tyre combination could be fitted to my other car. a Panda.

I live rurally in Cornwall and our roads are at present, muddy and wet, as high hedges and road edges being used as drains and passing places means it is bad.

I have not had so much lock up in other vehicles and I felt that the potential braking effect is overloading the smaller tyre circumference insitu.

I have spare wheels and was planning on fitting winter tyres as I was planning a continental mountain trip. I have lived on the continent and have driven many times in the winter there.

I just wondered if 175/80 would fit.

As stated the correct size is 175/70 x 14, this is a larger diameter (rolling radius) than the current tyres but obviously the same width. 175/80 tyres would give no benefit, just higher gearing and less responsiveness to accelaration and braking... not what you want in Cornwall. Your current tyres will be more responsive but slightly more "revvy" - not a problem for tootling around, not ideal for motorway cruising. And yes the 175/65s should fit a Panda (especially the current model that is a bit more "grown up" than the previous Panda.

Routeway seems to be an anonymous cheapo brand with nothing to recommend it apart from the "M & S" label, they should in theory be suitable for general wintry and wet conditions and not so good in summer.

I wouldn't go for full Winter tyres, the Goodyear Vector 4-seasons are good tyres in your size. Don't know if you need reinforced tyres for the Doblo...

Hi I have 215/45/17 on my 2012 Doblo Cargo, check out this site it will tell you exactly what size and different manufacturer alloy wheels that you can put on your vehicle: Wheelfitment.eu
The overall strategy is to keep the OE Tyre/wheel outer diameter the same so that your speedo is still accurate, this site will explain all.

Back