Technical Doblo 2008 JTD Active - Driver side sliding door lock won't open

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 2008 JTD Active - Driver side sliding door lock won't open

GBH66

Hello

I have a 2008 Doblo 1.9 Multijet Active. The drivers side rear sliding door recently stopped opening both from the outside using the key and activating the central locking system and from the inside using the mechanical handle. I took it to my local garage, who ordered a new door locking mechanism from Fiat but was told they don't make them anymore, so I went onto the bay and bought one (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325619361154 ). My local garage fitted it today and it worked but after about 5 mins it stopped working and is again not opening either via key central locking or from inside. When you turn the key you can hear the door unlocking but it won't budge. The guys at my local garage are stumped so I wonder if anyone on this forum might have a solution?

Gary

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I would test the mechanism with the door open and the lock put in the door shut position using a screwdriver to push the catch to the closed position to see if it locks and unlocks with no load on it , if it doesn't I would sling the door lock back to eBay seller for a refund, if it does I would check the door alignment to see if it is misaligned causing the lock mechanism to be under load causing it to jam.
Finally do not forget to release the lock from the closed position before slamming door to prevent damage!:)

Thanks for these suggestions they are really helpful. According to the garage the door lock does work when open (It is shut now and I can't open it) so your suggestion of checking the door alignment is a good way forward.

I would test the mechanism with the door open and the lock put in the door shut position using a screwdriver to push the catch to the closed position to see if it locks and unlocks with no load on it , if it doesn't I would sling the door lock back to eBay seller for a refund, if it does I would check the door alignment to see if it is misaligned causing the lock mechanism to be under load causing it to jam.
Finally do not forget to release the lock from the closed position before slamming door to prevent damage!:)
I may have found the problem. I'll try and explain but apologies for the lack of my technical knowledge. So whilst inspecting the door I found that the cable that goes to the catch for the bottom runner is not connected. The door is still in the closed position so I have tried to manually move the catch to see if it opens the door - I still couldn't open it and I am not sure if that bottom catch has anything to do with the actual opening of the door or whether it is simply to hold it in the fully open position? It does seem a coincidence but it could just be that. I have taken the door panel off and can see and hear the door lock working but the door still wont open - it doesn't seem to 'pop' open if you know what I mean? Is there anyway of manually opening the door from the inside? as I can't connect the bottom cable without opening it.

I may have found the problem. I'll try and explain but apologies for the lack of my technical knowledge. So whilst inspecting the door I found that the cable that goes to the catch for the bottom runner is not connected. The door is still in the closed position so I have tried to manually move the catch to see if it opens the door - I still couldn't open it and I am not sure if that bottom catch has anything to do with the actual opening of the door or whether it is simply to hold it in the fully open position? It does seem a coincidence but it could just be that. I have taken the door panel off and can see and hear the door lock working but the door still wont open - it doesn't seem to 'pop' open if you know what I mean? Is there anyway of manually opening the door from the inside? as I can't connect the bottom cable without opening it.
No I haven't! As I suspected I reattached the bottom cable but it didn't make a difference and I still can't open the door!

Hello all, does anyone know of a way to manually open the rear side drivers sliding door in a 2008 Doblo? The door lock isn't working and I have been trying everything to open the door so I can work on it. The door panel is off and I can see the door lock working when using central locking and manual locking, but the bl**dy thing won't open. Any ideas welcome - thanks

Hi Search on here will probably find similar threads..

One suggestion.

Using the remote to trigger the locking..
You should be able to FEEL The lock pulse as it is triggered

Does the bottom one pulse?

Look on threads by @rototype.🙂
Thanks -I'll seek out the other threads. It doesn't have a remote, it is central locked by the key only. I do hear the lock 'pulse' when I turn the key and deactivate the central locking but it is the final element of using the outside or inside handles to pop the door open that doesn't seem to work

Back