Technical dizzy cap problem

Currently reading:
Technical dizzy cap problem

dozerx

hi i was given a 1.6L fiat tipo for my 18th birthday but it has just been sitting on the drive for 2 years not moving at all, and the only time it has started since is when it was pushed down a hill. i have managed to get the engine to turn over now without the use of a hill but it wont start, not only that but i noticed that one of the sparks jumps from one of the terminals inside the dizzy cap to the metal clip that holds it in place on the outside. now i know a little somthing about cars and i know that there is no way that should be happening, any ideas on how to fix this, or any reason this may be happening.

thanks in advance

also besides a new cap, check the low tension lead if fitted, renew plug leads, plugs and rotor arm. once engine is running. pour a little redex down the plug holes to lubricate the topend and to get rid of crud. then drop oil and give car a good service inc radiator flush ot and clean with new coolant. cars dont like sitting around. does them no good at all. check rubbers and seals also.all should be ok then.:)

thanks, its starting now i got a new dizzy cap and ht leads, just gotta give the insides on the engine a good clean, change the powerstering fluid, oil, coolant, and get new brakes allround then it should be fine.

Back