DIY Fiat Punto Meta Alarm install

Currently reading:
DIY Fiat Punto Meta Alarm install

I lower the fusebox/body computer as makes getting to the rear connectors easier. If your not confident you can at least mount the ultrasonics & LED then leave all wires at fusebox for connection by electrician as this will save them time and you money:)

I lower the fusebox/body computer as makes getting to the rear connectors easier. If your not confident you can at least mount the ultrasonics & LED then leave all wires at fusebox for connection by electrician as this will save them time and you money:)

Yeah thats what im going to do he quoted me £80 / 2hours labour so if I get it all in place just ready for wiring / soldering etc that should knock an hour off :). Thanks for your Help T (y)

what's the best way and place to mount them? do you have any photos? is angle important?

According to the remote locking guide it's a matter of matching the cables to the correct ones in the fusebox and joining them. how does fitting the alarm differ?

what's the best way and place to mount them? do you have any photos? is angle important?

According to the remote locking guide it's a matter of matching the cables to the correct ones in the fusebox and joining them. how does fitting the alarm differ?

Not much really its quite similar.

Progress so far (not much really):-

I've installed the Alarm siren using the mounting bracket in what I think is the right place. You have to remove wiper arms and the protective plastic trim that covers the wiper linkage and sits under windscreen. I'll grab some pics when I get chance and make a guide once the electrician has done all the tricky bits lol.

If the weather holds out tomorrow im going to feed the wiring loom from the alarm into the cabin behind the fuse box. Going to be a lot of swearing and back ache I can see it now. I remember what a pain in the arse it was to replace a snapped bonnet release cable :bang: :mad: :cry:.

Last edited:
well it all arrived in the post today so about to open the box! any help and advice is welcome!! cheers for help so far!

The thing i'm most unsure about it where exactly and how to mount the various things.

Bonnet micro-switch
Siren
ultrasonic sensors

what is the "emergecy key receptacle"?

does soldering the diodes mean cutting the cable, soldering then insulating?

Last edited:
The thing i'm most unsure about it where exactly and how to mount the various things.

Bonnet micro-switch
Siren
ultrasonic sensors

what is the "emergecy key receptacle"?

does soldering the diodes mean cutting the cable, soldering then insulating?

I've got the siren mounted. You need to remove wipers, then remove the plastic cover covering the bottom of the windscreen and covering the wiper linkage. then mount it using bolt provided, i'll grab a pic (y).

Don't know about bonnet microswitch.

Don't know about ultra sound sensors I think they go at the top of the a-pillars. Cable must run down the sound proofing.

I assume the emergancy key receptacle turns the alarm off if it goes nuts and can't turn it off lol.

Soldering the 'diodes'? Do you mean the resistors?.

they're diodes. but the green wire (16) needs to be split into 5 with a diode on each of the 5 and i don't think the kit supplies these additional wires so is it a matter of joining the 5 wires to it soldering and insulation the diodes then joining them to the appropriate pin on the connector in the fuse box?

the sensors have an angles bit attached to them so what holds it in place at the top of the a-pillar or does it just hook in and wedge in place?

oh and pics would be good!

Last edited:
Any news on this? Does it bleep when you lock and unlock? Would be cool if we could get a vid as I'd be interested to get a kit for mine once I get the remote central locking working again.

I'm a bit confused. I have no pink/white wire (number 49). Number 5 wire doesn't have a colour, only shows up in the diagrams. and the only wire i'm left with is grey which isn't listed at all.

Any help please?!?

Back