Styling Dismantled Dashboard

Currently reading:
Styling Dismantled Dashboard

graemebryson

Does anyone know of either a guide on how to take a part the dashboard, or how to actually do it?

Im taking out the strip that runs above the glovebox and round the head unit to vinyl wrap it, but have no idea how to get it out.

Cheers :)

Does anyone know of either a guide on how to take a part the dashboard, or how to actually do it?

Im taking out the strip that runs above the glovebox and round the head unit to vinyl wrap it, but have no idea how to get it out.

Cheers :)

its a ballache to get off, and you have to break some clips in the process, which makes it a pain to get back on. which is why i've never had mine off lol. what you planning on wrapping it with?

Ive got a really subtle carbon fibre wrapping vinyl for it. I'm redoing the panel behind my font plate and my mirror covers, but throught i'd have a crack at the dashboard aswell as just now its a greyish colour.

i want mine doing in carbon vinyl as well. mines grey atm too :/ i know there are posts in threads somewhere on how to remove it, but i can't remember where. not sure if there are any dedicated threads and i'm pretty sure there aren't any guides on it either.

Does not look that hard to me just fiddely.

Take all the obvious off like steering stalk and covers, glove box, radio and radio console, side pillar covers, solar sensor, gear lever trim and housing, instument panel any other small covers you see, demister diffuser.

there are then a series of studs to remove now exposed and some on the top to remove.

Remember disconnect the battery.

Good luck.

Back