Technical Dash Cam Hard Wire Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical Dash Cam Hard Wire Doblo

fazen

Hello,

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

I have a 1.9 Diesel Doblo (2008)

Struggling to find a decent fuse to hardwire my dash cam from. I have the Nextbase hardwire kit. Each ignition switched live I find in the fuse box has a momentary interruption when cranking / starting the car. This is enough to power off the dash cam, although sometimes it does come back on. Is there a fuse that does not get interrupted when you crank / start the car?

It’s a brand new battery (1 year old) so no issues there.

I have seen the delay timers on eBay but was trying to avoid using those.

im pretty certain that any ignition switch live will be interrupted by turning over the car. once it has topped up its internal battery, it should ride the gap just fine - mine certainly does, so I wouldn't worry about the momentary interruption :)

Lee

I found the momentary interruption caused my cams to cycle on/off & basically go a bit haywire. It was then a toss up as to the cam staying on/recording or staying off.
I got around this problem by fitting a timed delay relay into the live feed. As soon as the relay detects a live, it counts down a variable amount (which you can adjust on a pot), I set mine to approx 10s. This is long enough for the engine to fire and power to be restored. The relay deals with the power interruption. With power restored, it counts down 10s before allowing power through to the cam.

Back