Styling Custom Dials

Currently reading:
Styling Custom Dials

I'm toying with the idea of a white LED cockpit conversion some time in the near future and since ill have all the inserts out of the dash cluster it would be an ideal time to fit some custom dials but i need the inserts from a 1.6 to get them designed and measured up. if anyone has a set kicking around that they can loan me for a couple of weeks that would be awesome

I've done my old cluster (it's in the ads section at the moment :p), it's not quite hard, you just need a soldering iron and some 1206 SMD LEDs (whatever colour you want, even purple haha). And that's pretty much it, but you got to be careful when desoldering as you can remove the thin conducting foil from the PCB (don't know exactly how to explain it but when you desolder, the traced PCB can get damaged sometimes).

How long have you got? Im picking up a 1.4 cluster so i can hack it apart when i do my dash build in a couple of weeks. You are welcome to have the dials once im done.

@mz:- if ur not doin anything with them then that would be cool...

like i said as long as the scaling is the same compared to the 1.6 i dont really care who lends them to me lol and theres no rush at all (i still havent told the mrs yet) its easily going to be the summer before i even think about converting.

Back