General Couple of probs

Currently reading:
General Couple of probs

Runto

Hi folks, first of top forum!!

Bought my gf a Mk1 Punto last night but it have a couple of glitches.
The back passenger lights don't work properly, I'm thinking it's a short or the bulbs have mis-aligned, as the whole lot light up when indicating and the brake light doesn't seem to come on.

Also, the boot lock is jammed and the key won't turn in it??

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Runto

hello & welcome:D on the boot lock it sounds like a previous owner may have changed either the boot or the other car locks at some stage, i,m just guessing mind you. on the rear light they are prone to stop working now & again due to corrosion inside the whole light unit, at the very worse a s/h jobby off eBay or scrappy, they're not expensive....best of luck(y)

Hi there,
I just had the same problem with my rear lights, either not working or working when they shoudn't:)

I took the rear lights off and cleaned all the plug connectors using a bit of abrasive paper, applied some vaseline and hey presto everything working as it should.

I am gonna change the plugs shortly as they did look a bit corrodied and should then stop any future gremlins happening:rolleyes:(y)

As for the boot lock, its easy to look at, using the inside boot release (Iam asuming this is working) open the boot, on the lock remove the plastic casing and you should be able to remove, lookat the lock with out undoing att 3 retaining nuts.

Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions peeps, I'll get onto it later (y)

Oh and where's the release for the boot??

Lever next to the seat doesn't work either, just checked it. Any other ideas on how to get into the boot???

D'oh, I walked into that one LOL!!

Thanks for the help so far, will be spending a couple of hours tinkering with it later so will let you know how it goes.

Once again, MASSIVE thanks

Thanks for the tips yesterday peeps.
Took all of 10 mins to sort the lights and get the boot open, but.....

It looks like the barrel on the boot lock is kaput, no biggy. The release works but it looks like the cable has lost tension. If I pull the cable tight and get someone to pull the lever it will pop the boot, hopefully it's come out of one of the clips but if not has anyone got any suggestions?

Once again, cheers

Thanks for the tips yesterday peeps.
Took all of 10 mins to sort the lights and get the boot

hopefully it's come out of one of the clips but if not has anyone got any suggestions?

Once again, cheers

Your wellcome:)

You may need a new cable, cheap enough. Keep us posted(y)

Your wellcome:)

You may need a new cable, cheap enough. Keep us posted(y)

Sorted the cable by pulling it tight and securing with tie-wraps.

Massive thanks for all the help everyone (y)(y) :D

Really can't fault the little beast! Best £400 I've ever spent LOL!

Oh, last question..... What size hex key do I need to undo the sump bolt??

Back