Confused and out of ideas. Punto Mk2

Currently reading:
Confused and out of ideas. Punto Mk2

JoeyBrod

Okay, I really need help here.

I'm working on a friends car at the moment (2001 Mk2 Punto), so far I've replaced the head unit with a Sony Xplod one, wired up a JBL amp and a JBL subwoofer and also replaced the front speakers and tweeters, again JBL.

So here's the deal, we need rear speakers. There weren't any in the car, however there was a plug on one side of the boot where the speaker was meant to be, I cut the wire and tested it against the 6x9, all we got was buzzing.
The aforementioned wires are 1x black and grey and 1x red and green. However there was no sound output, just buzzing.

So I had a brainwave, connect the 6x9s to the amp, but now I've got the sub on one channel and both 6x9s running off the other channel, not really what I wanted.

The problem that arose was that the front speakers completely stopped working once I'd wired the 6x9s into the amp. I can't see why thats happened :confused:

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how I can get the front speakers working and the 6x9s to be run off the head unit.

Please guys, I'm stuck! This audio fitment has been dragging on for 2 weeks now, my mate doesn't mind, but I do seeing as his car is in bits and well, I just want to get it finished.

Yup direct wiring, running from an amp or better yet, ditch them.

If the car has uprated fronts and a sub, ask yourself, what do you get from 6x9's? You already have bass, treble and miss sorted!?

We've already got the 6x9s though, no point in wasting them.

As for direct wiring, which wires am I looking for on the head unit for rear speaker output?

Can anyone tell me which wires I need for the rear speakers?

Its Trial and error mate. Cut them until one of the front speakers turns off. Then the rear corresponding side should be the corresponding one. Then just join it up agaon with some crimps.

Back