General clutch 'bang'

Currently reading:
General clutch 'bang'

littlephil

right on releasing the clutch it goes with a bang like something is unsticking itself. I've bled the clutch fluid and its not that and the arm operation is smooth. what can it be? how can i stop it? :bang:

right on releasing the clutch it goes with a bang like something is unsticking itself. I've bled the clutch fluid and its not that and the arm operation is smooth. what can it be? how can i stop it? :bang:

Engine or gearbox mounting gone maybe?

doesn't do it all the time, just sometimes. it seems to do it randomly as well. The car has been stood for a while though. could it be something to do with a release on the clutch its self?

Could be, maybe the clutch is sticking on rusted input shaft splines, maybe the plate is warped, or the springs in the cover plate u/s...could even be uneven operation of the clutch pedal as its been standing, but its smart to eliminate all other possibilities before stripping off the gearbox to check, as once you do that you should change the clutch assembly anyhow to save having to do it all again in short order.

Check the engine and gearbox mounts, the exhaust mounts and routing etc and use a process of elimination.

Last edited:
Back