General Clock That

Currently reading:
General Clock That

Toshi 975

Prominent member
After having to sell my cars about two years ago now I have kept my hand in the baby Fiat world by building a couple of engines during the warmer weather plus restoring smaller components like starter motors, carburettors etc. A winter project materialised after a chance visit to a guy who had a lot of old auto jumble. He had a vintage ornate brass & chrome 9” headlamp rim and glass where the glass had Fiat engraved across the top. possibly 100 or more years old I had to have it so bought it and after mulling about the possibilities I decided on making it into a clock. It presented a number of problems including finding an old clock face of the right size, eventually cut down an old square one and it all came together. I had it on my wall before my daughter came around and claimed it for her kitchen clock.
IMG_4626.jpegIMG_4627.jpegIMG_4628.jpegIMG_4629.jpeg

I quite enjoyed the challenge and change of activity so then found a pair of nice Lucas spotlamp rims on eBay so more problems to solve. Thought a lot about possible suitable clock faces for a Lucas themed clock and after much searching came across an old wire drum that was almost the exact size I wanted and also gave me two clock faces.
IMG_4977.jpegIMG_4978.jpegIMG_4979.jpeg
During the downtime when I thought about solutions to problems I realised that I had my collection of old Fiat 500 headlamps within arms reach so got the next project underway. Fiat headlamp clock with an Abarth theme emerged although the redaction from the recovered original lenses makes it look more like “ABBAARRRRTTH” 😀
IMG_4781.jpegIMG_4782.jpegIMG_4980.jpeg

Back