Technical Cinq Sporting 1108 into a 1.1 Punto 55sx ?

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq Sporting 1108 into a 1.1 Punto 55sx ?

king jay

Have just changed from a Cinquecento sporting 1108 (bumped it) into a very smart and extremely tidy 5 door metallic red Punto 55sx 1108 (early 1995).
The 1108 engine in the Cinq Sporting is a good one (62k)and the one in the 55sx (96k) does smell overly hot (oily) after a run. (The temp guage shows below half way and the fan does work ok).
So, in the event that the Punto engine is or becomes a bit ropey, I thought that I would remove the Cinq 1108 before scrapping the rest.
The thing is, will this Cinq sporting engine, type 176.B2.000 fit into the Punto which has engine type 176.A6.000 and are all the ancillaries the same? The Cinq has an imobiliser but the 55SX does not. Would the existing Punto ECU match o.k.?
Is the gearbox the same in both?
Can anyone think of any problems puting the Cinq engine (and perhaps gearbox) into the Punto? e.g. cables, connections, hoses, etc?
Questions, questions !!

This is good news, Dave.
And thanks for the quick reply.
I suppose there is marginal differences in the block or head (hence different engine type numbers) so if I ever had to do a head gasket after the swap, the 1108 gasket set for the Cinq may be the best bet. There cannot be much difference though.
John in West Oxfordshire

there is a slight difference in the head, the inlet valves are 0.5mm larger.. or 5mm larger.. i can't remember. either way it'll all swap over fine.

Back