General Check things for yourself

Currently reading:
General Check things for yourself

koalar

Distinguished member
Not sure which direction this thread will go, but please, keep it polite, and no name calling

I can think of at least two errors in Haynes manuals, one is quite dangerous and Panda related

Because is looks right does mean it is

You could do this

Loosen the wheel nuts
Jack, the car
Take the wheel off
Lower it on axle stands
Remove the wheel arch lining
Change the bulbs
Replace the lining
Replace the wheel
Replace the wheel nuts
Take it back off the stands
Torque the wheel nuts

Or you could just reach under the bumper and change them

Much of what you'll find on the internet is misleading, of dubious quality or just plain wrong. Folks sometimes post for reasons of self gratification or personal gain, rather than any altruistic desire to help someone.

This forum is no different, and moderators can't correct everything.

People need to be web wise; before relying on anything found on the 'net, it's advisable to do some background checks on who's put it there, and what their motivation for doing so might be.

Only this morning I stumbled across a website purporting to sell just about anything at prices well below market; a bit of homework soon revealed that most folks trying to make a purchase were told their card information was incorrect, and the real purpose of the site was to harvest credit card data.

Much of what you'll find on the internet is misleading, of dubious quality or just plain wrong. Folks sometimes post for reasons of self gratification or personal gain, rather than any altruistic desire to help someone.

This forum is no different, and moderators can't correct everything.

People need to be web wise; before relying on anything found on the 'net, it's advisable to do some background checks on who's put it there, and what their motivation for doing so might be.

Only this morning I stumbled across a website purporting to sell just about anything at prices well below market; a bit of homework soon revealed that most folks trying to make a purchase were told their card information was incorrect, and the real purpose of the site was to harvest credit card data.
I find that with most recommendations you should think about a second opinion and certainly think about what has been said and see if its seems logical. Once two or more people suggest similar things then you are on firmer ground. The great thing about the forum it that you iusually get this and a range of suggestions that usually move things in a positive direction. Sometimes I watch a discussion and see a possible alternative solution, so suggest something else I hope will be useful, usually based on fisrt principles of car mending.

There is one thing that is certain. If something seems to good to be true in nearly every case it is. When buying off the internet, eBay at least refund for the worst cases of fraud so thats quite a lot covered. If a price is way out of the normal range I stay well away. I have been knobbled a few times and am now suspicious of everyting on the net.

Unfortunately there are some who think leading people uip the garden path is funny but there is none of that on the forum I am very glad to say.

Please make sure any registration attempts by amyone with the name of D Trump are vetted more thoroughly than usual!

Parts buying for the panda can easy catch you out

Maybe I am missing something obvious

As far as I know there isn't a Panda 2003-2012 1.0

And the 1.1 aren't all the same 2003-2012

Screenshot_20230827_180224.jpg

Watch out for suppliers selling LHD parts for RHD cars, without making it clear that they are not correct - door mirrors are a favourite, as they fit, but won't adjust properly. Rear light units can also catch out the unwary. (Obviously headlamps could too...)

Also, a lot of suppliers do seem to mix up the 1.4 8v CNG-Powered Panda 169 with the 16v 100HP.
(Although some only list as a 1.4, which is just annoying, as the 100HP has some unique parts while the CNG mostly uses the same parts as a 1.2)

Parts buying for the panda can easy catch you out

Maybe I am missing something obvious

As far as I know there isn't a Panda 2003-2012 1.0

And the 1.1 aren't all the same 2003-2012

View attachment 428789
Pah… that nothing, when I got my current golf cabriolet in 2015 there were people on eBay selling roof bars/roof racks for a cabriolet.

Literally they were just spamming ebay with every make and model of car then worrying about the details later, if someone did but something

Back