Technical Check Engine Light + P2226 DTC Code

Currently reading:
Technical Check Engine Light + P2226 DTC Code

mudwuk

Had the timing belt changed on my 1.4 16v Eleganza about four months ago. Ever since I've had a check engine light but with no obvious impact on performance. The garage has had a look and says the error code is unrelated to the work on the timing belt and would require the ECU to be replaced, something they said could cost £400.

I've got a OBDII code reader, which says the error code is P2226. I've looked this up and the description says "Barometric Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit". Does anyone know what this relates to? Is this talking about the MAP sensor?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Yep, it relates to the MAP sensor. Sometimes they get clogged with oil and removing and cleaning it can fix the issue.

Why on earth do they suggest replacing the ECU is the only fix? Are they seeing a different code?

Great - will give that a try.

The garage isn't a Fiat garage and I can't help thinking that their changing the timing belt had something to do with the code appearing. They didn't seem to have many ideas on what the code meant so perhaps they were clutching at straws....

Will try cleaning the sensor and see if this has any effect.

Back