Technical Charging relay

Currently reading:
Technical Charging relay

John Dough

Does anyone know where the charging relay is on a 2008 Ducato Motorhome as want to fit a B2B conversion Tnx

Standard electrics C.I.
Fiat never made a single motor home, all they did was supply the basic van for conversion to conversion companies of which there are a lot.

So it will depend who built your van as to where things were placed, Even vans from the same year and the same companies can have things in different places.

Usually though with all conversions the split charging relay will be in close proximity to the leisure battery and usually were other electrics such as a fuse box mains hook up or other electrics are kept in the van. so look around the leisure battery to begin with, find the biggest red wire off the leisure battery and follow it till you get to the split charge relay.

Being a CI i think they were italian built and CBE are a italian manufaturer. Some CBE units have a relay onboard some are separate. If it is a Cbe it may have terminals suitable for connecting a b2b B1+ B2+ B1-
If a cbe 300 the relay can be disconnected via cutting a link (r37 in my case) or even a switch
What is manufacturer of b2b, it may have appropriate instructions.

Back