General Castle Coombe this weekend?

Currently reading:
General Castle Coombe this weekend?

Just checked the circuit calender and I see it is the "Classic & Spors Car Actionday".

Based on particiapting in the same event back on 14 August 1993 I renamed it "Wacky Races". By this time in my track experience I had over 2500 circuit miles experience so my judgement of wacky was not unfair.

I thoroughly enjoyed the session but this was because I said "**** this is manic I'm going to the front before the mayhem". Those of less experience or heart/determination must have been wetting themselves.

I've not doen a wacky race since then on principal. I'm sure Castle Combe Race Circuit have changed their organisation, but in 93 the circuit basically handed over to the event organisers.

Back in 93 there were no chicanes (other than Quarry mayhem corner where the chicane was a random skittle of cars out of control).

Please feedback on your experiences, especially if you get some track time.

Last edited:
Nino...PM Palio and see if he has tickets left. I saw you again last night, I keep thinking you are a foreign car because of the plate!! I;m the nutter who pounds along in a black Rav..I'll give you a wave next time!!! Hopefully you should see the B around soon though!

S130..After 4 years in a field, I don't think the old girl is quite ready for that yet!!! Coombe has changed a lot, I did used to go with friends alot a few years ago and do the old mayhem days but after a couple of near misses, I decided I was a bit old for it!!! I'll let you know how it is anyway...

Back