Technical Carb Spacer

Currently reading:
Technical Carb Spacer

Just bought a new Chinese copy of the Weber 32TLF for about 7 pence, as a gamble. Looks ok so far. About to install and I find that the spacer as currently fitted has no paper (or other) gaskets fitted. can't find a listing anywhere for just the gaskets - anyone else seen one?
Can get the spacer with gaskets pre-attached, but £19 delivered feels a little rich. I am presuming that wet instant gasket stuff is a no-no in this situation...can you buy "paper" gasket material to cut your own from? I am just going to refit the original naked spacer for now and see how it runs, as I am utterly impatient!

Just bought a new Chinese copy of the Weber 32TLF for about 7 pence, as a gamble. Looks ok so far. About to install and I find that the spacer as currently fitted has no paper (or other) gaskets fitted. can't find a listing anywhere for just the gaskets - anyone else seen one?
Can get the spacer with gaskets pre-attached, but £19 delivered feels a little rich. I am presuming that wet instant gasket stuff is a no-no in this situation...can you buy "paper" gasket material to cut your own from? I am just going to refit the original naked spacer for now and see how it runs, as I am utterly impatient!

Yes you can buy gasket material in uncut sheets. A piece of quality thin card or even a bit from a cereal packet wold do at a pinch for this application as it's not particularly hot or wet.

Robert G8RPI.

Back