Technical Car not locking / Unlocking

Currently reading:
Technical Car not locking / Unlocking

Instructorcon

Hi, i have a fiat ulysse 2.0 JTD 53 plate, but the car will not lock or unlock, when using the key or button inside cab, which also means that i cannot open the boot from the outside. When key depressed to lock all i get is the indicators flashing, (no noise of locking / unlocking telling me a door open) no activation on the central locking at all. I have checked the fuses and they seem fine, please help if posible, before i place it into fiat.

Thanks

Andy

:confused: Does it start and run ok? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it and try again? Strange Fault?

Thanks for reply, all else is ok, starts fine with key so coding must be ok, i shall disconnect battery and see, shall keep you posted.

Andy

Hi again, disconected the battery and connected again, heard locks move but that was it, back to normal, now i'm stumped. Please any more ideas.

Andy

Hi,

Check inside boot offside of the car for any damp patches. remove side panel and check to see if pipe that runs to rear washer has disconnected. This pipe is known to pull apart if the water freezes and if water has leaked out it can affect the central locking. It Happened to me in february and it is still disconnected as I cannot find the other end of the pipe even though I know it should be there somewhere.

Lou

Hi again

Cheers Lou, shall try and look soon, you are the second person to tell me that today, so could be something in it, although today the central locking has started to work again but not the boot, so it could be it. Trial and error at the mo i think, shall keep u all posted.

thanks again

Andy

Hi,

I had the same problem earlier this year and it was the connector on the rear wash inside the side panel. Ive now got it back again but this time its the wash connector inside the tailgate by the wiper motor-that may be worth bearing in mind as an option. My friendly (non-Fiat) mechanic took the door to pieces including the door latch to discover the problem and usefully showed how the 'manual release' works. I had previously wrongly thought it was operated by turning a screw but nothing so complicated. A small screwdriver is needed to push the latch over...just insert and move towards nearside of car...simple as that!! Hope that helps others.

Hi,

I had the same problem earlier this year and it was the connector on the rear wash inside the side panel. Ive now got it back again but this time its the wash connector inside the tailgate by the wiper motor-that may be worth bearing in mind as an option. My friendly (non-Fiat) mechanic took the door to pieces including the door latch to discover the problem and usefully showed how the 'manual release' works. I had previously wrongly thought it was operated by turning a screw but nothing so complicated. A small screwdriver is needed to push the latch over...just insert and move towards nearside of car...simple as that!! Hope that helps others.

Out of interest where abouts in the side panel did you find the end coming from the wiper? I still cannot find mine. I've even stuck a small camcorder up there to see if I can see it but it seems to have disappeared. I had problems with the manual release as well I could not get it to release no matter what I did.

Lou

Sorry not been on line for a while.

If I remember correctly the hose from the rear wash finishes about 6" up inside the offside rear panel just behind the rear offside glass. That's where the connector is between the 2 sections of hose. It should be there. If not then I have no idea where it has gone. It then runs in the shrouded connector (top near offside of car) into the tailgate and connects to the wiper motor/washer.
The manual release should only need a spike or very thin screwdriver inserted then pushed over to release the latch manually. It should be very simple.
In my case the offending article (this time) was the boot lock itself. It can be checked if you can open the boot-let me know if you want to check it. Apparently its a regular fault on Citroens (various models)!

I have the same problem. Rear window sprayer didn't work, but the hose was disconnected in front of the car, right above the battery... I made everything dry and sprayed the fusebox with contact-spray. Rear sprayer works fine now...
I will try to find any other disconnected piece...

Sorry not been on line for a while.

If I remember correctly the hose from the rear wash finishes about 6" up inside the offside rear panel just behind the rear offside glass. That's where the connector is between the 2 sections of hose. It should be there. If not then I have no idea where it has gone. It then runs in the shrouded connector (top near offside of car) into the tailgate and connects to the wiper motor/washer.
The manual release should only need a spike or very thin screwdriver inserted then pushed over to release the latch manually. It should be very simple.
In my case the offending article (this time) was the boot lock itself. It can be checked if you can open the boot-let me know if you want to check it. Apparently its a regular fault on Citroens (various models)!

How can I check it? It seems I have the same problem!!

Read all your replies to not only your problems, but guess what? To mine as well. Called auto electrician to be told needed new control box -only from main dealer at £160 + labour (£30). Went to main dealer to talk to fitter for maybe easy fix -no one available but would arrange for them to plug computer in for £85 +++. Mate said search internet and I found this site. Many thanks, yes it was the rear washer soaking the electrics. but after drying out and disconnecting battery all working again. Only trouble now is that when i use front washer, water also comes out the rear washer as well! Arn't these Italian machines wonderful.

:) The same wash motor does front and rear with a little valve that plugs one way for rear wash and one for front wash (sounds like its stuck in the middle) Easy job to replace/strip clean refit/ Inner liner drivers wheel removal one/two bolt washer bottle pop out motor to sort( or leave it wash front and rear at the same time and hope it fixes it self :D)

I was thinking of squeezing the rear wash pipe to force water to front, but if that fails, thanks for info on getting at this push pull valve gizmo on the water bottle. :bang:

Just to update, blocked rear wash pipe and forced water to front washer- all working great now - wonder whats next!:)

Yea my problems were solved as well, split pipe on washer, water went behind into conectors of boot lock, corroded them, they were that bad i replaced the rear lock, if you catch it in time they will just need cleaning, plus a new pipe on washer ofcourse

Hi,

Check inside boot offside of the car for any damp patches. remove side panel and check to see if pipe that runs to rear washer has disconnected. This pipe is known to pull apart if the water freezes and if water has leaked out it can affect the central locking. It Happened to me in february and it is still disconnected as I cannot find the other end of the pipe even though I know it should be there somewhere.

Lou

Just had the same problem:mad:
Central locking motor in side panel soaked, dried it out a touch, disconnected the battery and all is good...:slayer:
cheers to all(y)

Back