General Car Giving Shock's

Currently reading:
General Car Giving Shock's

Hi Guy's

Unsure about this one but every time I drive the car after I stop and turn the engine off and get out as i get out of the car and touch the body work on the drivers side i get like a static shock but its every time could this be an electrical problem with the car.

And yes I know its a shocking problem ect LOL
Cheers

Not a car problem but a shoe problem!! Hold the paintwork of the door as you put your foot on the ground & you wont get a shock. You are simply grounding the statically charged car body via your hand.

i get this aswell
and because of the static, dirt and dust clings to my car :(

funny that, i got this on my motor after i polished it with srp, using a microfibre cloth. the static on the outside of the car afterwards was a nightmare. drove the car around the block and it was like it had been under a volcano, thus rendering 2 hours of cleaning pointless. never had this before with all the other polishes ive used.......
and around the exhaust end well, soot city ....

This can also be caused by friction between your cotton clothes (jeans) and the plastic seat as you move about while driving, so it's you who have the static charge not the car. It then discharges to the car as soon as you touch some bare metal, or to a door knob nearby especially if you have thick rubber-soled shoes.
The strap under the car was an attempt to stop people getting car-sick, although this had no effect as static is not the cause.

JCW

Back