General Can someone decipher this for me ?

Currently reading:
General Can someone decipher this for me ?

airwave

Now this is a long shot , but i'm hoping someone maybe able help me decipher a weight plate fitted to my Hymer . Now the vehicle is an A class 584 Hymer , 2000 build , to which the vehicle is fitted with a "Alfred Wein" slide under rear carrier , for additional luggage . The rack i presume is meant for the carrage of items along the lines of push bike's . However the fitted plate's maximum loading , indicates it may be possible to carry a light motorcycle instead . The problem is the plate is a stick on , and written in german , of which , as i'm sure you can guess by now , i don't speak , and the weight limits are a little confusing . The other problem is the plate is 23 years old , and not in particularly good condition either , so i really want to replace it , but i need to check my assumptions first .

Okay , so along with the serial number , it lists "Ges belast" , which according to google , translates to total load , with the figures 150 (100) kg .
I'm guessing the 150 is the actual value in kgs , as both of these are unbracketed , but i can't figure out what the bracketed value is indicating . It doesn't convert to any english weight , that would correspond with 150kgs , either way , so i'm left with a value i don't understand .

The second query is "Einzel bel" , with the value of 90 (74) kg . Google struggles to translate this , suggesting single bel , what ever that means , and yet again i have another bracketed figure . Now logic leads me to suspect this could be something to do with the actual support arms . There are 2 , so maybe it's some kind of maximum loading to each of these . Adding the values of both arms together , brings a figure in excess of the total load , at 180 kgs , so this maybe some kind of safety margin .

I would appreciate you guy's view on this , and maybe we have a German friend who can fully translate the script better . I say German because the plate also carries 88326 , which i assume is a model number , but could be some kind of area code . Along with Aulendorf , which appears to be a town in the Ravensburgh district of Germany . Approximately 20 km north west of Bad Waldsee , Germany , the original home of the Hymer factory .

Any takers .
By the way , the motorcycle concerned only comes close to one of these figures at 72 kg , so well under both maximum loading figures . I mainly want to get my fact straight to replace the plate fitted .

Hello airwave,

the Manufactorer is:
Weih-tec Trägersysteme [email protected]

Adresse

Weih-tec Trägersysteme
Inhaber: Robert Buck
In der Lehmgrube 3
88326 Aulendorf

"Ges belast" is like total payload
"Einzel bel" is like single load may be for one of two rails

maybe this Weih-tec document helps: Payload formula

regard Klaus

I appreciate your response on this subject , thank you for taking the time Klaus .

You have confirmed a couple of deductions i had already made , but it seems i was wrong about the model number . It would appear my guess , that it could be an area code was closer to the truth .
I've also had further thoughts as to the figures , in particular the bracketed figures . I'm wondering if the higher unbracketed figure is some kind of model maximum design loading , with the lower bracketed figure being relevant to my particular van . It's a 6m on a standard Fiat chassis , but the problem with this is , i would expect the values to have been the other way round . I'm a truck driver myself , so i'm well aware of loading limitations , but as you can probably see , much of this is guess work .

Unfortunately google is unable to translate the payload formula page , but i have discovered i can cut and paste , so i should be able to translate sections , beit slowly . However from what i can deduce , it seems to refer more to general loading factors , as opposed to the specific information i'm trying to acquire .

I really need to contact the company direct , and for that the information you have supplied is almost priceless . I was unable to locate this information online , and believed the company was no longer trading . The web page gives me the ability to contact the company , and i'm busy formulating an email as we speak . Interestingly it appears to be at the same address , so it looks as if a simple name change has occurred .

Anyway , once again thank you , Mickey .

Along with Aulendorf , which appears to be a town in the Ravensburgh district of Germany . Approximately 20 km north west of Bad Waldsee , Germany , the original home of the Hymer factory .

Ooooo am i bad or what . It's nowhere near Bad Waldsee , which is closer to Munich , southern Germany . Where Aulendorf is north just west of Munster , a considerable distance away .

Just thought i'd better put the record straight .

Just thought i'd do a final update here . Thanks to @NavNie , I'm now in direct contact with the manufacturer , "Weih-tec Trägersysteme" , and can add , this is at present ongoing . They have already confirmed , that for my particular bike , the rack is perfectly suitable , however the bracketed figures that i didn't understand , are actually a limit dependent on vehicle construction .

As i plan on replacing the original plate , i'm in the process of confirming whether this limit affects my vehicle or not , before i have a new one printed .

Last edited:
As I run on this thread by accident, just to clarify the "Ges belast" / "Einzel bel".

They shortened it just to make it harder :D

It should be 'Gesamt belast' and 'Einzel belast'.

Belast means load. Gesamt means together, common, could also mean total. Einzel means single.

Back