Can I choose the repairer on a claim?

Currently reading:
Can I choose the repairer on a claim?

Oattam

Thanks to a nearby river and biblical amounts of rail, my Panda tried swimming the other day, and found out that it can't. Anyway, I have had to ring my insurer to get them to take it away and find out the damage.

Firstly, can I choose to get it repaired by a FIAT dealer rather than the local monkeys they want me to use? I have experienced poor service with the 'reputable' company who they have chosen to use and asked for another. Ideally i'd like my supplying FIAT dealer to do it, then they can't blame anyone else if they don't fix it all. Not that I am untrusting or anything. :rolleyes:

Secondly, has anyone had any experience of flood damage and what is likely to be affected? I don't want the garage to tell me everything is hunky dory only for the electrics to flip out later on due to water ingestion. :eek:

When I had to make a claim I didn't get a choice. My old car had to go to someone on a list of garages from my insurer.

I've only had the one experience though so it may be different for different insurers but that was my experience (I think I was with Admiral at the time)

You legally can use who you want, however most insurance companies will impose an additional excess if you do this, and won't cover any repair repercussions ;)

:yeahthat:

I got info about this when i bought my new car... but apparently it applies to ANY Fiat. And all repairs come with warranty, so only additonal payment will be your excess and non-approved repairer excess.

Linky: http://www.fiat.co.uk/uk/ownership/fiat-first

Back