General Cam Belt Change Cost (and more)

Currently reading:
General Cam Belt Change Cost (and more)

mesharp

Hi All,

Still getting used to my new Croma - love driving it and it fits pretty much the entire world in the boot!

I bought it knowing it needed the cam belt doing (its at 80k) so I have booked it in tomorrow to get done and just wanted to check that £200 parts and labour seemed reasonable.

Mine is the 1.9d Dynamic Multijet

Is there anything else I should look out for? Its not a main dealer garage but one I have used for years.

Also, the MOT is due in 4 months and my rear wiper has failed (an issue I have seen on here quite a bit) - there is just no response from it - would this be an MOT failure? It seems like a fairly easy job to replace, can anyone recommend parts for it

Thanks all

Mike

Bit short notice now but you really should change the water pump and idler/tensioner at the same time. If your pocket will stretch, the drive belt and assorted pulleys/tensioner as well. £200 is about right for just the belt inc labour.
I have just bought the lot from Eurocarparts for my sons Alpha 159 with the same engine for £240and expect about £120 extra for labour from my local indi who did mine.

Back