Technical Burst hose water on engine

Currently reading:
Technical Burst hose water on engine

Backlead

I burst a hose today and cover my engine on my 2004 scudo JTD mended pipe got it started but only had tick over no throttle then I got throttle but keeps cutting out now obviously from the water over my engine any idea where to start to sort it out

Diesels are generally less susceptible to water related issues. I think you need to look where the water went and dry everything very carefully with paper towel. Then get a diagnostic done as this may be unrelated just to teh hose failure. Hoses bursting can be a head gasket problem.

I’ve checked for faults and changed the glow plug relay and throttle sensor but still won’t start

Doodlebug
00_default.png

My 2004 scudo JTD blew a hose of the other day and I lost throttle I pulled over and found antifreeze all over my engine and thermostat hose had come off my van run fine prior to this no overheating I waited till it cooled down put the hose back on topped it up with water at the side of the road tried to start it it started and ticked over but it wouldn’t rev just wurring it ticked over for about an hour no overheating then cut out and wouldn’t start again had to get towed home during this it started a couple a times ran normal was revving normally then cut out and hasn’t started since I done diagnosis and changed throttle sensor and glow plug relay not showing any other faults now but still won’t start it fires when turning over then it don’t it’s intermittent

it started up yesterday I left it running for an hour all seemed fine didn’t overheat no smoke out of exhaust I turne it off and now won’t start again

HELP !!!!

Back