Styling Bucket seats for cinq?

Currently reading:
Styling Bucket seats for cinq?

_x_tinkerbell_x_

hello,

sorri if this is a stupid question but considerin gettin bucket seats in front of '97 cinq, would they fit the universal frames? or do i have to buy other frames? also wud havin harness' affect people being able to get into the bk okay?

sorri if im soundin stupid but i gotto start somewhere hehe,

x

Need Cinq specific frames really unfortunately :(

And also the harnesses- you cant really have them if you want to use the back seats still because of where the rear part of the harness has to mount (n) Some people have gotten away with it a bit though, but kinda inconvinient :p

When a car rolls the roof collapse in right, with a 3 point harness you've got an even odds chance of being pushed further into the centre of the cabin space, with a 4 point harness you can't move sideways... Think, what is gonna happen to your head? A roll cage is to trying to stop the roof collapsing & keep a bigger survival space giving higher odds that you don't end up with a terminal headache.

Last edited:
Mac OS X Dictionary & Thesaurus said:
ter•mi•nal |'termenl|
adjective
2 (of a disease) predicted to lead to death, esp. slowly; incurable : terminal cancer.
[ attrib. ] suffering from or relating to such a disease : a hospice for terminal cases.
[ informal. ] extreme and usually beyond cure or alteration (used to emphasize the extent of something regarded as bad or unfortunate) : you're making a terminal ass of yourself.

:p

Last edited:
What ever you feel snug in & you think looks good... loads of different brands and shapes, what you have to work out is what you want, I tend to migrate to Cobra & Sparco seats for some reason. However IIRC you're limited to seats that are about 59cm wide at the shoulder, but that's not a firm statement.

6870IMGP0123.JPG

If you can find any! (Recaros from Strada 130TC Abarth)

Folk can get in the back OK, (they fold forward) although it's a bit harder than with standard seats.

Some on eBay right now in Oxfordshire!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've got Rage Recliners (attached picture)

They came with the "universal subframes" which dont fit as people have already said, i managed to put something together with the sliders off the old seats and bits from the new subframes, it's not too hard, just need to drill a few new holes!!! Basically just to let you know that it is possible to use the universal's rather than paying £60 or whatever it is for the custom one's :)
J

Attachments

• DSC00325_2.JPG
    DSC00325_2.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 22
I've got Rage Recliners (attached picture)

They came with the "universal subframes" which dont fit as people have already said, i managed to put something together with the sliders off the old seats and bits from the new subframes, it's not too hard, just need to drill a few new holes!!! Basically just to let you know that it is possible to use the universal's rather than paying £60 or whatever it is for the custom one's :)
J

there well nice m8y? where u get them from? cost alot? do u have to be trained to build the subframes? like u sed theres only a couple of holes ? u got pics m8y? looks nice :p iv got a broom yellow dash haha...looks nice ? how did u do urs?

I have some that look very similar to those but are Corbeau Daytonas not cheap but very comfy did 500+miles in one day with no aches... :yum:

Also the strada's seats are uber comfy but found them a touch wide for my liking.. :)

An alternative to the Strada seats may be those out of a (BMW) Mini Cooper S. Top of the range ones come in leather with pump up adjusters (ooer!). Never measured them to see if they'll fit, but look as though they should. If anything, more comfortable than the Strada ones (and certainly better wearing!) but less supportive. Available from a scrappy somewhere near you.

Garyaird had BMW seats and they ended up being too wide and didnt fit properly

Dont know if BMW with mini being part of them would fit a seat of a similar size into the minis but again depends on the measurements

Garyaird had BMW seats and they ended up being too wide and didnt fit properly

Dont know if BMW with mini being part of them would fit a seat of a similar size into the minis but again depends on the measurements

I guess until BMW go into Tardis production the seats will only be as wide as the car will permit! Trust me, while I can't give a definitive answer until I measure the seats on the neice's S Works, they're in the same ballpark as the Cinq/Sei.

Back