Technical Brembo Brake Pads - are these correct?

Currently reading:
Technical Brembo Brake Pads - are these correct?

Right, i've found a set of Brembo brake pads in my shed that have never been used. I got them with my brembo sport disc set a few years ago and i remember not using these pads as they didnt fit the brembo caliper.

I since spoke to brembo and they sent out some different pads which fit, so these are just collecting dust and have been for a while! (about 3 years)

now, im gonna sell these, but i need to make sure they fit a coupe 20vt! Like i said, i remember them not fitting and having to get some more so can anyone check??

This is what they say on the back:

FM1000
Brembo
099 2L
Racing Inspired

Now using the part number, i googled it and found someone had the same problem on FCCUK but being as im not a member i couldnt find out much info.

Also, Brembo themselves even list this part number on their site for the 20VT brembo pads!

Anyone help?? sheld some light on it?

Dunc

p.s. sorry for the crappy post, its hard to explain on a keyboard lol!

Last edited:
Ive found a pic off my UT resto thread of the actual set i got and u can see the pads

19032006_008_.jpg

Dunc

they look correct - I've probably changed front pads ten or twelve times on my car, so I'm familiar with the shape

The cross-reference for "07.8301.66", points to a Ferodo FCP998, which is wrong.
They are 10mm too long.
FCP721 would be the correct Ferodo pad (109.8mm long).

A further update on this.
Ferodo list FCP721 for 1997-on, but FCP1298 (replacement for FCP998) for 1996.
So there is some shared confusion out there, I was sure all the Fiat/Alfa/Lancia 305mm Brembos used FCP721.

Hi, i may have missed the boat on this one but the pad 07.8310.66 is listed for the fiat coupe 20VT in all the Brembo application lists, however this listing is incorrect!

Steve

Back