Bravo HGT. cleaning engine bay. tips please?

Currently reading:
Bravo HGT. cleaning engine bay. tips please?

heinzeman

hi guys,

i've been thinking about how to clean the engine and the engine bay of my HGT so it looks brand new again.

But when I look at the engine bay the HGT seems to be a very 'messy', and 'hiccaldy-pickaldy' engine. Lots of electrical wires and weird shapes and objects.

Has anybody detailed an HGT before? And can they show me any pics of what they did to prepare? (e.g what they covered, and what they used, foil/cling-film??)

I really don't want to ruin a Fiat's electrics!

right first cover all electrical items in foil or a covering which will make them water proof, pref. use some Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (APC) or get some Daisy from Asda (just a good btw) . using a sprayer and a decent mix depending on dirt level agitate with a small brush. wash off CAREFULLY. and then dry

or get a steam cleaner and some screwfix direct MF cloths 50 for 20 quid. use steam cleaner and go over cleaned area with cloth.

thanks mate, have done so and i think it wsent ok ;)

bit of a bitch t do though :mad:

never user a PW on a car engine ive seen to many get water into the electrics because of the pressure working its way into every nook and cranny HOSE only if you must resort to it, personally a steam cleaner will probably as said above do a better job tbh and less risk of damaging something

Back