Technical Bravo 1.4 T Jet Cutting Out - Help

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo 1.4 T Jet Cutting Out - Help

Vivienne59

Hi everyone, I am new on here. We own 2 Fiat Punto Grandes and have just bought an 08 Bravo 1.4 T Jet. We have a problem. The engine cuts out/loses power for no apparent reason, no warning lights come on. It happens when engine cold or warm in any gear at any speed. If you lift your foot off the accelerator and immediately push it back down it solves the problem. I have found so many threads about this problem with a long list of what it might be, we just don't know where to begin. Any ideas. :confused:

Check your brake lights are not staying on. The car will not brake and accelerate simultanously. Check the brake pedal comes right up, brake switch adjustment, and for a damaged switch.

I have recently had the same problem with my mjet sport - I had the air mass pump replaced as it was faulty and just kept cutting the turbo which was no fun to drive! Might be that??

Update. Thanks for your replies. Excuse my technical speak. Plugged in to diagnostic machine which said accelerator fault.
Changed the accelerator pedal with switch. Part cost £108 and my husband fitted it. Still the same!!! The next two things to do would be change the throttle body and the ecu. This would cost a fortune and still may not work. Very fed up as looks like we will just have to live with this fault. The only thing that wouldn't cost much would be to reset the ecu, just have to find the thread on how to do this.:(:(:mad:

Update. Thanks for your replies. Excuse my technical speak. Plugged in to diagnostic machine which said accelerator fault.
Changed the accelerator pedal with switch. Part cost £108 and my husband fitted it. Still the same!!! The next two things to do would be change the throttle body and the ecu. This would cost a fortune and still may not work. Very fed up as looks like we will just have to live with this fault. The only thing that wouldn't cost much would be to reset the ecu, just have to find the thread on how to do this.:(:(:mad:

think the system will need resetting on examiner

i have had this in the past just changing the faulty component doesnt fix the problem, ecu needs resetting to defaults

Thanks for reply. We disconnected the battery for over 45 mins. Reconnected and ran idle for 5 mins. Drove it this morning and for the first mile thought it was ok, but then it happened again. My husband is going to try doing it again tomorrow, you never know.

Thanks for reply. We disconnected the battery for over 45 mins. Reconnected and ran idle for 5 mins. Drove it this morning and for the first mile thought it was ok, but then it happened again. My husband is going to try doing it again tomorrow, you never know.

that wont work i am afraid, it stores the values in flash memory that aren't wiped by disconnecting

the ecu needs a reboot, this need examiner

Update. After changing accelerator pedal and sensor, discovered that the brake switch was sticking. Should have had someone follow the car and see if brake lights went on! A relief anyway that it is finally fixed and running perfectly. :D

Hi.
I have the same problem in my T-Jet 150KM Sport.
I've changed ECU, turbo, fuel pump and injectors, brake pedal switch, throttle body and a lot of stuff. Nothing help. Fiat examiner don't show any faults. Guys help!

Check your brake lights are not staying on. The car will not brake and accelerate simultanously. Check the brake pedal comes right up, brake switch adjustment, and for a damaged switch.

Spot on :) Car cutting out and Hill holder some times showing in error ,,,,

Found the long brake shaft was dry and pedal not returning fully up lubricated both ends of long tube and pedal linkage to pedal , tested switch ,,

all now working ok ,,thanks tor the spot on info

:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Back