Brava shocks

Currently reading:
Brava shocks

G

Greg Crisp

Heya guys, got to get new shocks all round for MOT, whats your recommendations for good set to take 40mm lowering springs? And best place to get them? Cheers Greg

1291576330.JPG

i've got 35mm apex springs and shocks all round, cost about £320 for the lot, they're great quality but nowhere near the price of something like an eibach kit, definately recommend them! :D

Ive seen them on Haloperformance, seem good value. Where did you get them from?

1291576330.JPG

i got them seperately aha was only gonna just have the springs to begin with, which i got from ebay, then about a month ago i decided to get the shocks too, got them from demon tweeks, but they took a couple of weeks to get here as they had to ship them from belgium aha

so if you get them make sure wherever you get them from has them in stock or you could be waiting for a while.

the shocks are being fitted today and tomorrow along with an uprated clutch, braided brakelines and a strut brace, so i'll post the results on here tomorrow night once i pick it up and give it a test run :)

Brava Shocks

Il defo ask that first then. I put goodridge braided hoses on when my standard ones split on me, and the omp strut brace didnt change the feel to much, but really helped with inner tyre wear. I need to get a quieter exhaust though, my magnex 3.5 is too much on the motorways.

1291576330.JPG

aha im having the the goodridge hoses and omp strutbrace are the ones im having fitted, if you get the apex suspension we'd have matching kit :L

my exhaust is just a 4 inch jap can, with the middle silencer removed, it's pretty shouty :p aha

Euhh, noisy exhausts! Quieter the better. Empty vessels make most noise.

I need some new shocks for my Bravo although the current ones aren't leaking they are soft and have done a lot of miles. Would like some top adjustables but don't want a rock hard ride that Konis or Eibachs may give. Want to keep the ride near enough std but with the luxury of firming it up or softening as I fancy with an adjustable strut. Springs will remain std. Koni, Eibachs, Bilstein, Spax, KYB or anything else? The choice is bewildering.

Forgot to add that Andy1.6HLX is giving advice on springs and struts he doesn't even appear to have fitted to his car yet. I'm sure his choice of strut and spring will be fine, but what if it is not or gives a teeth rattling ride? If you are not bothered with the type of replacement strut I would say just go for standard spec again.

Ive ordered full set of KYB excel g shocks which was £109.96 inc vat & postage. Reviews say works well with 40mm lowering. Will let you know after fitting next week.

just got my car back from the garage with everything fitted, the ride isn't too hard at all, im pleasantly surprised actually, it's just reduced all the roll and if anything makes it undramatic through corners at high speed, im very impressed

Well two days fitted with gmax 40mm and kyb excel g shocks and 17"tsw on 205/40/17 falkens = a very firm/go cart style ride.
I am seriously thinking of getting standard 15" alloys because of the amount of countryside driving i do.