Technical Brake problems/brembo 4 pots standard master, HELP!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Brake problems/brembo 4 pots standard master, HELP!!!

right, more help please! im on a mission to get this UT on the road now!

i seem to be having problems with getting my brakes bled. i cant seem to get them solid? doesnt matter how much u bleed them they always feel spongy and the pedal goes to the floor :confused:

does anyone know if the standard mk2 UT master cylinder is up for the job with the Coupe Brembo 4 pots?

does anyone know what master cylinder Martain used on that orange mk2 UT with the brembos?

help needed asap as i wanna get it sorted! grrr lol

Dunc

Hi Dunc,

In theory whats happened should of, but to what degree is hard to say. You pedal will have to travel further to move the larger pistons the required distance, but i'm suprised its that bad.

Dont you find one thing always leads to another!?

Tom

a lot of centoers have found pedal feel is a bit spongey going up to the punto gt brakes on a cento master cylinder so for the jump to the capacity of the coop calipers on the uno MS i would expect the same.
i doubt anything else in the fiat range bar a coop MS will really be designed to cope with calipers so large

Marea 2.0 20v, Bravo 2.0 20v, and all coupe N/A MS might be upto the task.

What size are the rear brakes? A 20vt coupe MS might be OTT if your rear calipers are smaller than the 240mm rears on a coupe. Something like the ones I listed above might give just the right amount of flow.

alright tom, yeah one thing always does leed to another!

cheers custard and hellcat, big help that. im gonna have to ditch the UT master cylinder just like i thought i might, and fit a coop 20VT jobbie. as for it over braking the rear, i could perhaps over come this with an adjustable brake bias?

hmmmmmmm (alot of hmmmmmmmm's goin on in my head at this time with the UT!!!)

Dunc

I doubt you would, but you could go the wrong way and have a master cylinder that was too big. The two sizes are matched quite carefully, go one way and you have soft brakes, the other and the pedal is hard with little movement. To be honest though the sizes mentioned would be fine i'm sure.

Tom

as long as the rears are a decent bit smaller than the front then im guessing brake bias will be okay.going by your style dunc i would have thought you would be going with an incar bias valve anyway?

have really been considering it yeah. even if its for messing about and putting it all to the rear :p lol

but seriously, a in car one would be great. i could set it up exactly how i wanted.

so everyone thinks the coupe master cylinder then?

Dunc

Yeah i would, that or one from one of the other larger cars, i think they would be cheaper to.

Tom

17122006313.jpg

without looking through all my pics, ive quickly found this one. u can see theres enough room to fit a bigger MS.

reckon im gonna go for a coupe 20VT one, then it matches my brembos. the rear discs on a UT are that small really compared to a coupe 20vt i dont think.

getting bored now of research, just wanna get buying a master cylinder and get it fitted.

will my UT brake res fit the couple MS? man! so many questions! at this rate im gonna go re fitting a UT brake setup!

wheres martin when u need him! anyone got martins email address or phone number? i wanna find out what he used for his orange UT

Dunc

as long as the rears are a decent bit smaller than the front then im guessing brake bias will be okay.going by your style dunc i would have thought you would be going with an incar bias valve anyway?

Don't forget that all Unos already came with a type of brake bias valve (known as a 'load proportioning valve'). If you're sticking with the stock UT rear discs and calipers then the valve will still limit regardless of the brake pressure from the more powerful master cylinder.

At least, I'm fairly certain that is the case!

right, more help please! im on a mission to get this UT on the road now!

i seem to be having problems with getting my brakes bled. i cant seem to get them solid? doesnt matter how much u bleed them they always feel spongy and the pedal goes to the floor :confused:

does anyone know if the standard mk2 UT master cylinder is up for the job with the Coupe Brembo 4 pots?

does anyone know what master cylinder Martain used on that orange mk2 UT with the brembos?

help needed asap as i wanna get it sorted! grrr lol

Dunc

I can found out what he used?

Back