Technical Brake disc replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Brake disc replacement

Rosso187

Hi All,
When replacing the brake discs on a Bravo T150 does the large wheel nut that is peened over in the centre of the disc have to be removed in order to remove the disc? Just wondering because when I order the new replacement discs do I need to order a new centre nut as well?

Regards, Rosso187

Thanks, I can just order the discs now. Didnt think I would have to remove the hub nut but wanted to make sure.

Cheers.

RoB W,
You cheeky B****r, Been doing my own car repairs for 30 years + and I'm a qualified Engineer. Got more Haynes manuals than I care to admit to without buying anymore. Rest assurred I have the skills. It just threw me that I could not see where the disc ended and the split to the hub nut started. Once I received the new discs all was apparent as I thought but just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to have to start chasing round suppliers for a couple of hub nuts! :)

RoB W,
You cheeky B****r, Been doing my own car repairs for 30 years + and I'm a qualified Engineer. Got more Haynes manuals than I care to admit to without buying anymore. Rest assurred I have the skills. It just threw me that I could not see where the disc ended and the split to the hub nut started. Once I received the new discs all was apparent as I thought but just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to have to start chasing round suppliers for a couple of hub nuts! :)

Calm down buddy, perhaps if you had looked at a replacement disc you would have seen it looks just like every other?

These confusions and sudden lack of knowledge of arise when you least expect them. I've had similar experiences after 40 years of working on cars.

Last one was on our Strada Abarth with the crank pulley nut. I couldn't shift it. So checked the 130TC workshop manual again and it said undo anti-clockwise, i.e. normal thread. Tried again still no joy. Checked all eight corners of the nut again for any of the normal practice cuts/grooves that would indicate left hand thread. Non found.

In the end I plumpted for a go clockwise with a Windy Gun on a medium torgue setting and the nut finally came off.

I've since cut notches in the nut corners so I don't have the same problem again but I can tell you sometime despite years of knowledge and experience one can often and easily get thrown buy what to others seems the simplest of situations.

Last edited:
I'm cool RobW, Just having a bit of fun and no harm meant. I got the job done yesterday. Just for the record, I own 2 Fiat Bravos. A 1.2 SX80 which I am slowly restoring back to as new when I bought it brand new in 2000. I also own a T150 (2009) which is the nicest car I have ever owned in my life. This website is a gold mine of information for Fiat owners.

Regards, Stuart

I'm cool RobW, Just having a bit of fun and no harm meant. I got the job done yesterday. Just for the record, I own 2 Fiat Bravos. A 1.2 SX80 which I am slowly restoring back to as new when I bought it brand new in 2000. I also own a T150 (2009) which is the nicest car I have ever owned in my life. This website is a gold mine of information for Fiat owners.

Regards, Stuart

good stuff, i quite fancy an original Bravo again, one with a Coupe turbo engine would be nice :cool:

Thanks for your words of support S130, I'm glad its not just me then. Sometimes even the experts can get it wrong.

Regards, Stuart.

Thanks for your words of support S130, I'm glad its not just me then. Sometimes even the experts can get it wrong.

Regards, Stuart.

Won't really claim to be an expert but I think like many I think too much, am very cautious and careful so actually end up in a worse state than if I was a monkey and just "jumped in".

Back