Technical Boot release sensor problems

Currently reading:
Technical Boot release sensor problems

anbax1953

Hi
We had a problem with the boot release a few months ago. Hubby took the tailgate to pieces, checked out the connections on the sensor which seemed ok so we ordered a new part. Lo and behold the boot didnt give any more problems so we sent the part back and lost 20% of price. Today the boot wont open again.
Anyone else have this problem.
I will add that as I sat in car earlier today I lent on the door lock and locked the car by mistake so I unlocked it with the fob but as I sat there it locked itself again after a few moments!!! Have no idea why.
Any ideas please

Lock solenoid was no doubt on the blink and now its given up the ghost..paid £25 quid for mine back in 2005 but sorted the problem out..looks like you could be buying another one..;)

I lent on the door lock and locked the car by mistake so I unlocked it with the fob but as I sat there it locked itself again after a few moments!!! Have no idea why.
Any ideas please

this is a security feature - if you unlock your car but do not open any doors (or boot for that matter) it will automatically lock (assuming that you forgot about opening it... or that you've suddenly something important to do.. or ,possibly, that you’ve clicked your key by mistake e.g. with a katana in your hand bag ;) you can also make the car automatically lock it self when it reaches 20 miles an hour (may help keep occupants in? well not really.. but it does ensure that when you stop at a traffic light you don't get extra unneeded passengers or someone opening your boot to kindly take your shopping out for you :D)

you can also make the car automatically lock it self when it reaches 20 miles an hour (may help keep occupants in? well not really.. but it does ensure that when you stop at a traffic light you don't get extra unneeded passengers or someone opening your boot to kindly take your shopping out for you :D)

how do you set that setting?

oh wow does anyone read a manual? hehe - go to your menu options (via little console by drivers window below air vent - also controls parking and fog lights) and look for speed lock - set that to on
options also available:
independent boot (tailgate always remains locked – use your key fob to open)
independent drivers door (one click on the key fob opens drivers door only.. helpful if you don’t want extra passengers.. two clicks opens all doors)

Back