General Boot Lock and Brakes

Currently reading:
General Boot Lock and Brakes

Bartlett 90

Hey guys,

Havin trouble with my boot lock, had my car a while but never used my key in the boot never had to, but now ive started using my boot for work etc its buggin me how the lock isnt working.

It goes in about 3/4 of the way but wnt turn (ive tried wd40) any suggestions? Would i possibly have 2 take the barrell apart and have a tinker?

Also, bout a week ago i had my 2 front brake pads replaced after an MOT, theyve been squeekin a bit when brakin but not all the time. Could they just be "wearing in" still? or should i take it back 2 the garage and c wat they say?

Cheers.

Also, bout a week ago i had my 2 front brake pads replaced after an MOT, theyve been squeekin a bit when brakin but not all the time. Could they just be "wearing in" still? or should i take it back 2 the garage and c wat they say?

Hmmm i have the same problem, squeaking/squeeling come from the front left hand side of my car... i had my brakes replaced about 5 months or so ago and it still happens, only after it has been wet though, like after i have washed it so im thinking it could be a wheel bearing or something.

Last edited:
It doesnt really matter wat the weathers like its happened in the dry and the wet. I cant reeli tell wat side its coming from either. If it was a wheel bearing should they have noticed in the MOT?

Boot lock I have the same problem! I think someone tryed to get into the car, looks slightly damaged. I just got used to popping it from inside the car. If it didn't cost so much I'd get it de-locked and sprayed over but don't fancy DIY'ing it

Back