Technical Bonnet not opening.

Currently reading:
Technical Bonnet not opening.

AMAZON

My 2001 Marea I am unable to get the bonnet open. I can see the cable operating the catch and it still does not open. I have tried pulling pushing the bonnet when the lever is pulled. Any Advice I am completely stuck.

Thanks Jim C

AMAZON said:
My 2001 Marea I am unable to get the bonnet open. I can see the cable operating the catch and it still does not open. I have tried pulling pushing the bonnet when the lever is pulled. Any Advice I am completely stuck.

Thanks Jim C

I've had this a few times. The cable pulls the release as it should and the spring is OKso should lift the bonnet. In my case it appeared to be the end of the section attached to the bonnet rusting and fusing to something where it meets the car frame. The only way I could get it to release was have someone pulling on the release cable with me pulling up hard on the bonnet. It eventually comes free, and when it does I'd recommend covering it in grease to prevent it rusting in the first place.

Thanks for the advice. Still had no luck. I have sprayed the bonnet catch as best I can in the gap by the grill, pulled the catch with mole grips and had myself and one of my friends pull the bonnet up. I think I might have to take the radiator out from the underside if I have no luck soon.

Many thanks for the advice given.

Jim C

Back