General Bolt on flares

Currently reading:
General Bolt on flares

Hi Guys,
Looking to buy bolt on flares same as in my picture. Mid barton garage sell em but there have to order them and will take 4 wks is there anyone else that sells em. TIA

Attachments

• DSCN1514.JPG
    DSCN1514.JPG
    955.3 KB · Views: 297
For 'road' use, may I suggest that only "Grp 2" wheel-arches are used---Grp5 ones are really too wide. "Nanni Ricambi" also sell these wheel-arch extensions, but are notoriously difficult to deal with if you live outside Italy. (any mates or relatives in Italy?). When you are fitting the extensions, the wheel-arches of the original wings need to be cut back, and then the inner and outer wheel-arches have to be welded together, to prevent any 'flapping'. I used 'riv-nuts' (5mm) to secure the extensions to the wing outers, 5 per extension. If you want some pictures of my wheel-arches (without the extensions fitted), e-mail me direct, and I will put some through to you. Whichever you buy, be prepared to do some fettling!!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm chasing rust at mo so fettling is no prob fo me. My front panel and inner panel where badly damaged so off they came im fitting 126 r/p steering to car anyway so it makes it so much easer and fenders were a bad fit with crappy patches welded on corners so off they came also. Opened up a real can o worms here there's been some shonky patch work done to this poor baby.

Attachments

• IMG_3348.JPG
    IMG_3348.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3353.JPG
    IMG_3353.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 72
I have just found out that "D'Angelo" can supply 'grp 2' wheel-arch extensions----E130 for a set of 4. For road use, you only need the smallest extensions. Do you require some pictures of my car, with the extensions removed, so that you can see what you have to remove from the wings. As I mentioned in a direct e-mail to you, if you want me to, I will measure my wings with regard to how far down you need to cut the wings.

Back