Blue&Me and HTC One M8

Currently reading:
Blue&Me and HTC One M8

JohnGWalker

Hi,

I have just picked up my Fiat 500 with Blue&Me. From the start I was able to play music from my iPod through the USB and pair my phone to the Bluetooth.

However, if I plug my phone into the USB one of three things happens

1. Blue&Me detects that something is there and gives me the USB menu but whenever I try to play some music I get an audio message saying "please wait while the library is built and then the radio comes back on. No music plays from my phone

2. Blue&Me doesn't notice that there is anything plugged in at all (only the set USB menu options) but the phone charges fine,

or, and most worrying,

3. I plug my phone in, I get a message on the phone saying that I am plugged into a low power source and to use the official HTC cable (I am) and after that the USB port doesn't work for anything for a few hours, USB sticks or my iPod can't be used. The first time this happened was Monday night and when I took it into Fiat on Tuesday morning the problem had sorted itself. It happened again today so I shall see in a few hours if it has gone away again.

I have updated the Blue&Me firmware to V7 and this doesn't seem to have solved the problem. So, am I going to have to accept that I cannot use my phone with the USB port? Has anyone else got the HTC One M8 to work with Blue&Me to play music?

I have for many years (back when smartphones were PDA's) used my PDA/Smartphone as my SatNav device and been very happy with it. I don't want to have to stop doing that if I don't have to but if I can't use the USB port to charge my phone and play music from it I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy the TomTom.

Help (please)

Back