Technical Blaupunkt Stereo CD player stopped working

Currently reading:
Technical Blaupunkt Stereo CD player stopped working

suedonym

The Blaupunkt Stereo CD player fitted to my Panda 1.2 07 Reg suddenly stopped working. The radio is fine, but the CD function suddenly stopped and my CD is stuck inside. How do I remove it, and am I looking at replacing the entire unit, now?

If you are able to keep the CD stationary (prevent it from spinning) the unit will eject after three attempts to read the CD after turning the unit on. You might have to remove the unit as well as the top of the unit to be able to keep the CD from turning.

gr J

If you are able to keep the CD stationary (prevent it from spinning) the unit will eject after three attempts to read the CD after turning the unit on. You might have to remove the unit as well as the top of the unit to be able to keep the CD from turning.

gr J
CD Player is not working at all. When I try to use the CD function, it goes over to" tuning." Initially, when it stopped working, it switched over to "Aux."

Take the unit out. Leave plugged into car. May need help supporting it.
Carefully lift off the top.
Hold the CD to stop it turning, as advised above. (Keep eyes away from laser beam.)
See if that ejects it.

If not, remove it completely, take it to these guys.
http://www.mapleaudio.co.uk/
They're in Bath, so not a long trip for you.

They've just mended a CD changer for me and are about to get the Blaupunkt head unit, but they don't know that yet. Great guys, but very busy, so may take 3 weeks. Meanwhile, sing!

Back