Tuning Bilstein/Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Vs FK coilovers

Currently reading:
Tuning Bilstein/Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Vs FK coilovers

Price being almost the same, what should I pick?

Key point is I don't care about height. I would never want to go lower than 30 mm, so I am actually not going to use anything else but the minimum setting of the coilovers. If it was possible to raise the car for the winter (compared to stock height) it would be a different story, but if I understand well coilovers, it's not the case.

So I guess the question is which one is better handling-wise. And if the Eibachs handle better, is there anything else I may want to consider the coilovers for, given that height adjustment will not be used?

Thx!

Last edited:
I think you're unlikely to get an answer to this, the chances of anyone having tried both is slim. If you're not using them for lows, then ride quality would be a big consideration for me.

I think you're unlikely to get an answer to this, the chances of anyone having tried both is slim. If you're not using them for lows, then ride quality would be a big consideration for me.

My question is rather this: lowering being out of the equation, is there anything else for which coilovers should be considered at all.

I am after better handling and a bit better grip and from what I read springs + shocks Vs springs only is like night and day.

Well, that's my question :)
Haven't had any aftermarket suspension before, just want to make educated decision. I see coilovers are used and recommended a lot, maybe there's some other advantage apart from variable height...

Last edited:
Well, that's my question :)
Haven't had any aftermarket suspension before, just want to make educated decision. I see coilovers are used and recommended a lot, maybe there's some other advantage apart from variable height...

Only by kids. :rolleyes:

The advantages are adjustable height, potential to corner weight, easy and cheap availability of different springs.

In reality and on the street, no-one corner weights them (as soon as you put a passenger in the weighting is flooked!), the height adjusters seize up after 6 months and because of the way the springs are wound they're simply not as good over stutter bumps as non-parallel wound (standard type) ones.

So, if you're not going to adjust, corner weight, experiment with springs, let alone go on track, it's a bit like wearing a condom to your grand-mother's funeral.

Just get some -30mm springs and quality dampers.

Only by kids. :rolleyes:

The advantages are adjustable height, potential to corner weight, easy and cheap availability of different springs.

In reality and on the street, no-one corner weights them (as soon as you put a passenger in the weighting is flooked!), the height adjusters seize up after 6 months and because of the way the springs are wound they're simply not as good over stutter bumps as non-parallel wound (standard type) ones.

So, if you're not going to adjust, corner weight, experiment with springs, let alone go on track, it's a bit like wearing a condom to your grand-mother's funeral.

Just get some -30mm springs and quality dampers.

Haha, that's really funny and on point too. (y)

In other words Lyubo, the B12's are the kit to go for between the two you asked about. It's a matched progressive lowering spring and fixed damper combination from two of the best companies in the EU. I've had both (not the B12 kit) on other cars and you cant go wrong.

The other choice is a red herring, especially considering the quality of the roads in BG lol

Humour

Back