Tuning Bilstein\Eibach B12 kit installed (and a small problem)

Currently reading:
Tuning Bilstein\Eibach B12 kit installed (and a small problem)

So, got my new suspension mounted yesterday.

Still gathering experience so could not say much, other than there's no huge difference, compared to the stock sport suspension. It feels like 10% softer and 10% more stable when going over bumps/potholes. But other than that I would not say dampers really make any noticeable difference in real life.

Car looks much better 1 cm lower than the sport suspension. Didn't think I would even notice it, but it's visible and it's great.

Would have gone only with the springs if I had to make a new decision today. But who knows, maybe the dampers will prove worth it with time.

Anyway, a small question - the car developed a noticeable metal knock when turning the steering wheel all the way right. It's just before the turning limit and it happens when stationary and at very low speed. Doesn't happen all the time, maybe 1 out of 3 tries.

I will definitely bring the car for front end balancing (not sure if this is the correct term in English) as this is a must after messing with suspension, so if the knock is not gone I'll have it checked again by the garage.

But since then if you have any suggestions what may be causing it - something I could check myself?

The knock definitely appeared after suspension change.

Still gathering experience so could not say much, other than there's no huge difference, compared to the stock sport suspension. It feels like 10% softer and 10% more stable when going over bumps/potholes. But other than that I would not say dampers really make any noticeable difference in real life.

Car looks much better 1 cm lower than the sport suspension. Didn't think I would even notice it, but it's visible and it's great.

Would have gone only with the springs if I had to make a new decision today. But who knows, maybe the dampers will prove worth it with time.

Anyway, a small question - the car developed a noticeable metal knock when turning the steering wheel all the way right. It's just before the turning limit and it happens when stationary and at very low speed. Doesn't happen all the time, maybe 1 out of 3 tries.

I will definitely bring the car for front end balancing (not sure if this is the correct term in English) as this is a must after messing with suspension, so if the knock is not gone I'll have it checked again by the garage.

But since then if you have any suggestions what may be causing it - something I could check myself?

Sounds like it could be the top mounts to me. I have a similar knock that I should really sort out but just don't have the time,

Thanks.

I've found several mentions of top mounts while searching for this issue. What could be wrong with them, need tightening or what? Visually they look fine at least.

Is yours doing the same sound?
Yeh I get a knock when turning the wheel right and left. But only under certain situations. I believe the top mounts have rubber in them that just wear over time. Similar to the bushes in an anti roll bar, I'm no mechanic and know very little about it. I learn my stuff from wheeler Dealers lmao.

Yeh I get a knock when turning the wheel right and left. But only under certain situations. I believe the top mounts have rubber in them that just wear over time. Similar to the bushes in an anti roll bar, I'm no mechanic and know very little about it. I learn my stuff from wheeler Dealers lmao.

Will be top mounts not put back in properly. The top half has to be put in and aligned with the cup in the inner wing. And the lower half has to be aligned with it, they form a wedge

Ive got the same probalem. Under certain circumstances aswell. I havnt modified my susoension yet tho soo

Will be top mounts not put back in properly. The top half has to be put in and aligned with the cup in the inner wing. And the lower half has to be aligned with it, they form a wedge

Will see if this is something I could fix myself. Doesn't click all the time, so I guess it's not that urgent to fix. I'll have the front-end realigned next week and will think about fixing this afterwards.

I'd suggest fixing this first before getting the realignment done, as you'll have to remove everything to fix the top mount. So you'll need another alignment.

Back