General Big pothole crash - Anything to look out for?

Currently reading:
General Big pothole crash - Anything to look out for?

Crashed into this bruiser earlier today when coming off a minor roundabout. Didn't see it in time and crashed into it with such force that it actually hurt a little.

I pulled to the side of the road immediately and checked the wheel (unnervingly, there was a shattered bit of suspension against the kerb from another vehicle) and the wheel trim and wheel itself seemed fine. Suspension also seemed ok but I'm wondering if there are any unseen problems I need to look out for?

Alexander

Attachments

• 17589_10152563314705725_247376125_n.jpg
    17589_10152563314705725_247376125_n.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 70
Could have a buckled wheel. I know that's how Ive buckled some in the past.

Don't appear to. Again the wheel trim is sitting perfectly on the wheel (I'm on steelies) and it went down the motorway without much issue.

Don't seem to be any knocking noises either

GP's seem to be way tougher than people give them credit for (y)

I had to have my tracking done a few weeks ago due to a pothole,

Couldnt see it as it was full of water and hit it with a right bang, the car was pulling to the left really badly afterwards

I'll keep an eye out for that. Should be on a straight road today. Thanks

How much was that to fix btw?

if anything is damaged however, can you not claim off the local council? considering its not outlined or repaired?

just a thought

glad nothing seems broken tho mate

If I do end up getting a bill because of this then believe me the relevant council will be getting an ear bashing. Don't you worry about that ;)

good :D i mean we pay road tax for them to keep the roads in a useable condition! just make sure you time stamp everything when you take pics! if its anything like my council it will be a right pig to get them to admit anything.

my council wanted a mot certificate, then cause it was due like the month after, they wanted me to go for an mot, and present them with a pass.. was stupid.

I've had numerous drop links repaired by my local council. Sending an angry letter, the VAT receipt and a picture of the pothole and I've always ended up with a cheque in the post about 6-8 weeks later.

I haven't paid about £1000 in road tax during my short driving career for the roads to ruin my car thanks very much!

if anything is damaged however, can you not claim off the local council? considering its not outlined or repaired?

To claim successfully, they need to be proven to be aware of it..!!,

take good photo evidence - with something on the ground to scale it by- showing the hole AND their marker paint ( or another hole like it :devil:).

More and more people are reporting pot holes but its not been sorted

its cheaper for them to wait till a road is bad and re-surface it - rather then filling the pot hole

was on the news

Ziggy

2 years ago the official line was
" cheaper to pay the motorist - claimants , than to repair the roads"

I think the public are now fed-up with things and are claiming more readily.. as around here they appear to be spending A LOT more time doing potholes properly.

Back